Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Military Industrial Complex (Apocalyptic) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176078)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-12 21:37

Military Industrial Complex (Apocalyptic)

Loading SoundCloud…

So I wrote the soundtrack for the apocalypse. Turns out the apocalypse is quite difficult to master. Any pointers?

ecopro 2013-02-12 22:02

I got no pointers for you because I think you're doing a great job man.
Was this all Reason? Superb work. I love dark Industrial music, top notch dude.

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-12 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1236753)

Aye, all done in Reason 6.5. Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.

I suspect it might be time to move on to something more lighthearted. I think I'm going to be really self indulgent and make a musical backdrop for some of my old poetry. There's no way that could possibly back fire :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-13 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1236753)

Oh I forgot, if you're into industrial stuff you might like this track I made a few months ago before I had Reason 6.

Loading SoundCloud…

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-13 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by techdm (Post 1237060)
Well made, top notch sound quality

Thanks a lot :D

ecopro 2013-02-13 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1237120)
Oh I forgot, if you're into industrial stuff you might like this track I made a few months ago before I had Reason 6.

Loading SoundCloud…

Sick track man! So filthy sounding. :)) What were you using before Reason?

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-13 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1237139)
Sick track man! So filthy sounding. :)) What were you using before Reason?

Cheers Eco. I made that one on reason 5. I wouldn't know where to start with any other software now. I tried Ableton for a while and found myself endlessly modifying 5-10 second loops whilst never working towards a full track :P

ecopro 2013-02-13 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1237152)
Cheers Eco. I made that one on reason 5. I wouldn't know where to start with any other software now. I tried Ableton for a while and found myself endlessly modifying 5-10 second loops whilst never working towards a full track :P

Oh cool, so you've always composed with Reason. Most of my tracks before Reason 6 were done using a combo of Live + VSTs + Reason. After 6 they all have been purely Reason. I own NI Reaktor, Razor, Alchemy, but in the end 80% of my comps are within Reason.

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-13 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1237161)
Oh cool, so you've always composed with Reason. Most of my tracks before Reason 6 were done using a combo of Live + VSTs + Reason. After 6 they all have been purely Reason. I own NI Reaktor, Razor, Alchemy, but in the end 80% of my comps are within Reason.

There's no reason to use anything else now for me. It's pretty darn easy to use and the mastering suite hits all the right buttons. There's only one thing that's annoying me which the apparent lack of noise removal tools for when you're recording vocals etc. Still have to use other programs for that.

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-02-14 11:50

Utterly fascinating track. Nice stuff. LIKE.