Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [WIP] - The Reversed Life | Update (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176080)

PsyTale 2013-02-12 22:00

[WIP] - The Reversed Life | Update

I just uploaded a new version of my song the Reversed life. Alot of things have changed and I remastered it to establish where I'm going next. It was liberating, the song is much punchier now. Also I have made a 31 Band compressor with ReQ131 and alot of compressors (re's) :) I think the result is kinda good! Very clear! Im going to release this patch on this forum soon.

This is a work in progress. Its sort of a pop song with Psy elements, this is why I call this Genre, PsyPOP. Let me know what you think of it!
I am really curious what you think of this new edit!

The todo list is huge but i wanted to post the layout of the track because i like the result so much.

Todo:
1. Record proper guitar solo [In progress]
2. Record spanish guitar solo
3. Write lyrics/ vocals
4. Record proper lyrics/vocals
5. Add Symphonic instrumentation
6. Spice up the Psy
7. Think if i have other ideas
8. Final Mixing
9. Final Mastering

Changelog:
02/12/2013: Remastered and used a 31 band compressor patch to test it.
02/08/2013: Added 2 new guitar layers.
02/03/2013: Added guitars and monk voice recordings.

Details:
Composition: Taco Schepp
Spanish Guitar: Taco Schepp
Slide/Electric Guitars: Hernan Bovo

Loading SoundCloud…

DivineSage 2013-02-12 22:55

Intro is really cool.

Around 18 seconds there's something behind the piano that's very muffled, it comes through a tiny bit to harsh and hurts the ears a bit. Not sure if it's just because it's to loud.

I really like the build up but things start getting a bit muddy around 1:50 ish - 2:25.

Nylon guitar seems a little out of place but cool idea for there.

Great job :D

PsyTale 2013-02-12 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers (Post 1236788)
Intro is really cool.

Around 18 seconds there's something behind the piano that's very muffled, it comes through a tiny bit to harsh and hurts the ears a bit. Not sure if it's just because it's to loud.

I really like the build up but things start getting a bit muddy around 1:50 ish - 2:25.

Nylon guitar seems a little out of place but cool idea for there.

Great job :D

Yeah it needs work, but ill remaster it all properly when its all done. Why muffled around 1:50 and 2:25? To me this is the best piece!

DivineSage 2013-02-12 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1236795)
Yeah it needs work, but ill remaster it all properly when its all done. Why muffled around 1:50 and 2:25? To me this is the best piece!

No doubt it's probably my favourite part. Just a few things a little lost in the mix because there's so much going on. Just a little EQ would clean it up a little.

PsyTale 2013-02-12 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers (Post 1236798)
No doubt it's probably my favourite part. Just a few things a little lost in the mix because there's so much going on. Just a little EQ would clean it up a little.

Ok like this yes, i agree totally! :) I need to make the orchestration first before i start to seriously master it.