Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fast Life REMIX - w/Kool G Rap & Nas (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176094)

laCandela 2013-02-13 00:51

Fast Life REMIX - w/Kool G Rap & Nas
 
check out the latest track on my soundcloud page

it's a remix

BANG !

laCandela 2013-02-22 20:13

bump

bump

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-22 20:19

Like it dude. I think I liked it on sc when you posted it originally. Sample you use at the start is top.

Nice one man.

laCandela 2013-02-23 05:51

hey, I had no idea you were on propellerheads forum hah

you using more samples or synth ?

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-23 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by laCandela (Post 1243198)
hey, I had no idea you were on propellerheads forum hah

you using more samples or synth ?

Mostly synth. I've started getting more to grips with sampling recently though.

How about yourself?

laCandela 2013-02-23 15:02

99.9 percent samples

I use Reason synth in many songs to add some subsonic bass and/or bass line but I have no allegiance to any particular synthesizers.... Rob Papen's bass synth sounds really nice but it's hard to justify spending any money on bass right now.. If I didn't have synth in Reason I would just use samples to get the same result.

There have been times when I've used synth for drum sounds to, which is always fun.

As far as live instrumentation goes though, I love playing keys with a drummer and bass player. Sequencing in Reason is something I don't tend to get into.

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-23 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by laCandela (Post 1243304)
99.9 percent samples

I use Reason synth in many songs to add some subsonic bass and/or bass line but I have no allegiance to any particular synthesizers.... Rob Papen's bass synth sounds really nice but it's hard to justify spending any money on bass right now.. If I didn't have synth in Reason I would just use samples to get the same result.

There have been times when I've used synth for drum sounds to, which is always fun.

As far as live instrumentation goes though, I love playing keys with a drummer and bass player. Sequencing in Reason is something I don't tend to get into.

It's interesting how many different approaches people take in regards to producing. I've started sampling my decks recently and I must say, I am quite enjoying the result.

I've been trying to emulate the lovely crackle you always have on your tracks :)

laCandela 2013-02-24 15:05

ah that vinyl crackle is complemented by the lofi wonder of my Boss SP-202


what kind of gear are you using in your productions ?

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-24 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by laCandela (Post 1243837)
ah that vinyl crackle is complemented by the lofi wonder of my Boss SP-202


what kind of gear are you using in your productions ?

At the moment I'm using a balance unit for audio input (using my housemates xlr Mic for sampling). I'm using a crappy set of belt drive decks for sampling vinyls. For my controller I'm using a novation xiosynth (largely just using it for midi bit I occasionally put together analogue synth sounds as well)

That's about it to be honest. I do all of the mixdown in reason and what limited mastering I know how to do.

What's your set up?

mastertonyd 2013-02-24 16:33

Nice work on the Remix John!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:40.