Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New electropop song from Pacific Deep (with guitars!) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176263)

carlgrace 2013-02-16 04:51

New electropop song from Pacific Deep (with guitars!)

Raymond Hayter and I are proud to preset our latest creation, Beyond Repair. We feel like this is our best song yet! This one uses a lot of PX7 and JP's Kings of Kong. Hope you like it!

Loading SoundCloud…

yentil 2013-02-16 08:53

Very well produced, strong wide-spectrum fidelity.
Good job!

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-16 13:13

I really like the main melody that repeats throughout this one. It's really effective.

ryszard 2013-02-16 15:09

It's eightieser and eightieser! :) Sounds good on a first listen through my laptop speakers. I'll go downstairs in a bit and listen through proper studio monitors. Nice work, lads.

tincture 2013-02-16 23:10

Sounds very good guys. My favourite of your 80's tracks so far... More comments on SC.

scoobyman 2013-02-17 01:27

I'm right at the really cool keyboard solo. Wow, this is really good. It just finished. Nice work.

luegenbold 2013-02-17 12:28

simply flawless.

UberJimm 2013-02-17 16:16

Wow! You guys seriously keep getting better & more solid with each new track you drop. I really like the flow of the chorus when it kicks in around 1:14 or so, and that change-up in the final third really transitions nicely. Some of the best lyrics I've heard yet too. Your project has become one of the more refreshing things here in the forums that keeps me checking back frequently. Like a breath of fresh air & positivity. God knows we can all use that! :)

Thanks so much for posting. Really looking forward to the next one!

Cheers,

J

K1TTENM1TTEN 2013-02-18 00:31

Question. I love these vocals! How are you creating that truly 80's effect on the vocals? Is it just double tracking, chorus, or...???

carlgrace 2013-02-18 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1TTENM1TTEN (Post 1239841)
Question. I love these vocals! How are you creating that truly 80's effect on the vocals? Is it just double tracking, chorus, or...???

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I agree this is our best work yet.

Kittenmitten: regarding the vocals, they are done pretty simply... less is more.

The verses are double tracked with one panned at -37 and one panned at 38.

I use two compressors. First, I use the built-in SSL compressor set with a pretty high ratio (50:1) and it is in "fast" mode (<--- that's important). I also use the Vocal Leveling Amp in the Factory Sound Bank.

For effects I just use a plate reverb and a bit of delay. Nothing major.

To give the vocals a bit more oomph in the chorus and give some contrast, I triple track those ones, with one at -37, on in the center, and one at 38.

I also mix the harmonies in the chorus a lot lower than the main vocal.

I really happy that you enjoyed the vocals enough to ask!

Regards,
Carl