Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bring Bundles to the RE Shop! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176275)

BoddAH 2013-02-16 13:33

Bring Bundles to the RE Shop!

Maybe it's a question of habit or because I'm an entitled product of consumerist society but while browsing the RE Shop I often found myself longing for some sort of bundle pricing while considering buying several/all devices from a single developer.

I loved the u-he Uhbik A for instance and I'm considering getting the whole suite of effects but it kind of feels "wrong" having to buy every single effect individually for the full price, especially since the VST version is actually sold as a bundle...

The end result is that people (including myself) use (and abuse) the free trial month to carefully weight the pros and cons of every single little device before shelling out the cash. I think that many potential buyers would be a lot less timid if there was a real incentive to just get a bundle for a promotional price with the feeling of having made a great deal for the buyer (and a lot more revenue for the Props and the developers).

I think the introductory price was a great idea and I'm sure the pressure of *having* to buy something before the full price kicks in sold more than one device in the RE Shop.

Some form of bundle pricing would be another way of inciting people to spend their hard earned money on several REs...

It wouldn't even remotely feel tacked on either, the way REs are, the lack of bundles actually feels awkward. Imagine:
  • a u-he Bundle with all Uhbik series devices?
  • a Synapse Audio effect bundle?
  • an Ochen K. modular synth bundle?
  • A Jiggery-Pokery Spider bundle?

The actual % of the price reduction would be at the discretion of the developers/Props of course, but at least there would be something.

craven 2013-02-16 15:22

yes, bundles would be cool.
Also, if you have REs of the bundle already, you should not have to pay again, but the price of the REs one already has should be subtracted from the bundle price without affecting the bargain for the remaining REs of that bundle. This way, nobody will have to wait for bundles and can buy whatever RE he likes instantly, without feeling bad when the bundle offer arises at a later time.

JiggeryPokery 2013-02-16 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoddAH (Post 1239002)
  • A Jiggery-Pokery Spider bundle?

If the Shop adds such a feature, I'd certainly offer a bundle deal.

vanKloot 2013-02-16 16:05

+1 for bundles... I feel the same way, hesitant to pull the trigger when I'm not absolutely certain I really need something right this moment, but a bundle would likely push me over the edge.

joeyluck 2013-02-16 19:07

Yeah, I'm actually holding out for a U-he bundle (with a price similar to the VST Uhbik bundle).

The VST bundle is $149.
The RE's at intro price altogether will be (all 9) $171
The RE's at regular price will be (all 9) $351

Since I missed out on the first few Uhbik intro prices, I've been passing on all the recent Uhbiks because I would like to own them all and am counting on a bundle price =\ Hopefully it isn't a horrible strategy on my part! Lol.

BoddAH 2013-02-18 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyluck (Post 1239165)
Yeah, I'm actually holding out for a U-he bundle (with a price similar to the VST Uhbik bundle).

The VST bundle is $149.
The RE's at intro price altogether will be (all 9) $171
The RE's at regular price will be (all 9) $351

This is a good example. I can see a single u-he effect being worth 30-40 €, but paying 350 € for the full bundle is just crazy. That's more than the price of the full Reason 6 licence itself!

It's also more than twice the price of the VST version of the bundle which incidentally isn't limited to Reason (but *could* still be used with Reason via ReWire) and can be happily sold and licence-transferred as opposed to REs which are account bound.

Nobody in their right mind would ever consider buying all u-he effects unless there was a 149 € bundle price...

That being said it's just an example of course.

joeyluck 2013-02-18 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoddAH (Post 1240090)
This is a good example. I can see a single u-he effect being worth 30-40 €, but paying 350 € for the full bundle is just crazy. That's more than the price of the full Reason 6 licence itself!

It's also more than twice the price of the VST version of the bundle which incidentally isn't limited to Reason (but *could* still be used with Reason via ReWire) and can be happily sold and licence-transferred as opposed to REs which are account bound.

Nobody in their right mind would ever consider buying all u-he effects unless there was a 149 € bundle price...

That being said it's just an example of course.

Very true. If someone were able to catch all of the intro prices from the beginning, the price would at least be somewhat comparable to the VST bundle (being only $22 more instead of $202 more). With a price difference being that great when purchased individually, I can only assume a bundle option is in the future for the RE store.

SteveDiverse 2013-02-18 18:57

Bundles would be great - I bought the Uhbik line, for instance - although I got them all at intro/promo pricing, which I think effectively was a 'bundle'.

Meanwhile, I'd also like to see a shopping cart feature so that I can purchase multiple RE in one transaction.

First, my credit card charges me an 'international transaction fee' of $4.95. That's pretty painful on a $9 RE.
(I know, find a different card.)

Second, if I buy an RE, then try to buy a second one at the same price, the second charge is declined (because the credit cards sees it as the vendor double-charging).

CeriJC 2013-02-18 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by craven (Post 1239036)
yes, bundles would be cool.
Also, if you have REs of the bundle already, you should not have to pay again, but the price of the REs one already has should be subtracted from the bundle price without affecting the bargain for the remaining REs of that bundle. This way, nobody will have to wait for bundles and can buy whatever RE he likes instantly, without feeling bad when the bundle offer arises at a later time.

That is exactly the way bundles for digital goods should work. :)

grider 2013-02-18 23:33

Bundles, PLEASE! All for it!!