Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rewire Reason 6.5.3 to AcidPro 7.0 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176283)

littlejam 2013-02-16 16:40

Rewire Reason 6.5.3 to AcidPro 7.0

hello, i have used acid pro 7 rewired to reason for years and it was a beautiful setup. however, now that reason/rewire/recycle have gone 64bit and acid still sadly remains 32 bit is there any way to still rewire them together? i'm pretty sure the answer is no, but wanted to ask anyway to see if anyone has a workaround. thanks in advance, jeffrey...

jkheal 2013-02-16 16:42

I believe I've read that you can start you 64-bit Reason in "32-bit" mode.

EDIT: Sadly, a Mac only feature, it looks like.

littlejam 2013-02-16 17:04

hello, yeah, on the pc side you have to actually install reason as a 32 bit app alongside the 64bit version, however, i was hoping there was a way to keep the 64bit reason for the benefits of 64 processing with 24bit sound and still get it talking to a 32bit acidpro...i'm looking into reaper 64bit BUT i am a huge fan of acid pro...

DynamicDontPanic 2013-02-17 06:39

I've been wracking my brains over this tonight. I need to use Rewire between Reaon 6.5.3 and Acid Pro 7, on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

Nothing is working.

Also, l cannot record "what you hear" on Audacity nor Acid Pro.

What am l going to do now?!

* Is this a Windows 7 problem?

* Is this a Windows 64-bit OS problem?

* Is this a Rewire problem? (Rewire is 32-bit, Reason 6.5.3 is 64-bit, Acid Pro 7 is 32-bit)

* Is this a problem with all of these factors?

littlejam 2013-02-17 16:43

hello, i believe that rewire requires both programs to be 64 bit or both need to be 32 bit. i'm not interested in 32bit programs anymore so i downloaded the 64bit reaper and rewired that up to reason pretty quickly. i also installed the 64bit rearoute driver and it lets me 'remix' my reason tracks while recording into reaper...then i loaded up the ozone5.0 vst for mastering purposes...there were a couple of tweaks to the rearoute options, but so far everything is rock solid...no latency...so now my only issue is learning how to use reaper64bit as well as i knew how to use acidpro7...i am happy now...thanks, j (i'm on a pc windows 7 64bit laptop with 8gb of ram)

kdmoody 2013-02-17 17:00

Both host and slave must be 64 bit...

My ReWire host is 64-bit but I can't seem to ReWire Reason to it, what gives?

While ReWire 64-bit is included in with Reason 6 and Reason Essentials it also needs to be implemented in the ReWire host software. Please contact the manufacturer of your host to see if they support ReWire 64-bit.

Is ReWire 64-bit compatible?

Just as the current versions of Reason and Reason Essentials, ReWire is 64-bit too. Note that 64-bit ReWire needs to be implemented in both the slave application (Reason, Reason Essentials) and your host. Please contact the manufacturer of your ReWire host of choice for compatibility information.

DynamicDontPanic 2013-02-18 04:05

Just some extra info:

I installed the Reason 6.5 demo (before l purchased it) on my other 32-bit Windows XP computer.
Was able to make Ableton 8 (on that same computer) the Rewire slave of Reason 6.5.2 (not 6.5.3). Lovely.

However, as l mentioned, and as the original post mentioned, Rewire won't work between Reason 6.5.3 and Acid Pro 7. I suspect it's got something to do with the computer l'm using it on: a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. And of course, Acid Pro 7 is 32-bit. Just to recap: recording "what you hear" is also not working for Audacity on this 64-bit computer.

Unfortunately l've only got 2 GB free HD space on my 32-bit computer, so l will have to wait a few days before l can move over to that computer and try the Reason 6.5.3 / Acid Pro 7 Rewire combination.

I suspect this isn't a Reason problem ... it's just the whole thing about 64-bit Windows. And, as someone mentioned, the mismatch in 64-bit / 32-bit software. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with 64-bit processor architecture, because l've noticed that other non-music programs have been said to flounder on 64-bit Windows OS. So l think the problem is 64-bit processor architecture and / or 64-bit Windows OS.

We're in the space age now and still being tripped up by blatant stuff like this! People should test computers / OSes before rolling them out. I wish Reason would make an official comment on the situation.

Extra info: Rewire doesn't seem to work between Acid Pro 7 (32-bit) and Renoise (not Reason) 32-bit, on this 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. I now think it's not so much to do with the mismatch in 64-/32-bit software, as the actual 64-bit Windows 7 OS and / or 64-bit processor architecture. The problem seems to be somewhere there.

Final edit: One more possibile cause is the mismatch between 32-bit software and 64-bit [Windows / Windows 7] OS.

littlejam 2013-02-18 04:17

hello, the audacity issue 'recording what you hear'...are you using 2 separate audio programs or trying to mix in audacity and then record 'what you hear'...i read where asio drivers don't share...i also read about JACK and VAC virtual audio cable...but finally decided on using the 64bit reaper with the REAROUTE driver to fix my situation...j

i used to have rewire 6.0 installed as both 32bit and 64bit on my win7 machine and when i wanted to rewire i would run reason and acid pro 7 in 32 bit mode, but i don't want to do that anymore...

DynamicDontPanic 2013-02-18 04:29

Audacity is a free music program, and it has the most direct "record what you hear" option i've seen on a music program - you just select sound input option and press the big red record button.

I've noticed decreased sound quality in the recording though - not sure if other music programs are like that.

I've just Googled and yes, it is a Windows 7 and / or 64-bit Windows problem. There is a workaround but it looks complicated and anyway, l wasn't planning to use Audacity. It was just by way of example pointing at the general 64-bit [Windows] fiasco.

As for Reaper, l'm glad you could make it work. I don't want to buy another program though. Acid Pro really does it for me. I wish l could experience rewiring Reason into Acid Pro like you did - must be quite an experience!

DynamicDontPanic 2013-02-18 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlejam (Post 1239596)
64bit rearoute driver and it lets me 'remix' my reason tracks while recording into reaper.

I take it you can "remix" Reason tracks while recording into Acid Pro too? I'm referring to your past experience of Acid Pro as Rewire slave to Reason.