Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fracture [Contains broken glass and balalaika!] (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176356)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-17 21:30

Fracture [Contains broken glass and balalaika!]

Loading SoundCloud…

Accidentally broke a glass yesterday. Not letting it go to waste I used the remaining shards to create a wall of ambient noise and recorded myself playing a few licks on my housemates balaika. This is the result.

Hope you enjoy it

Mate 2013-02-17 22:01

Cool fx's from the glass & claps are awesome, they're making nice atmosphere together!

Balalaika, ha, it's the Russian folk instrument, though by being Russian I don't really much love the Russian folk music, but here in your track, you've used it very nicely, love it!

Top stuff, mate! Glitchy!

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-17 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1239748)
Cool fx's from the glass & claps are awesome, they're making nice atmosphere together!

Balalaika, ha, it's the Russian folk instrument, though by being Russian I don't really much love the Russian folk music, but here in your track, you've used it very nicely, love it!

Top stuff, mate! Glitchy!

Cheers man.

Yeah it's the Russian folk instrument. It's generally used as a drone instrument to my understanding. It only has three strings, two of which are tuned to the same note meaning it takes a little getting used to. They're really good fun to noodle around on though.

Mate 2013-02-17 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1239755)
Cheers man.

Yeah it's the Russian folk instrument. It's generally used as a drone instrument to my understanding. It only has three strings, two of which are tuned to the same note meaning it takes a little getting used to. They're really good fun to noodle around on though.

I'd say more than drones, coz I've heard people playing a lot of cool & famous melodies on those 3 strings! :)

But they're virtuosos!

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-02-18 01:54

Trippy... trippy... CATCHY.

carlgrace 2013-02-18 02:52

You my friend are a talented SOB.

Industrial, d'n'b, experimental.... and all good. damn.

Keep up the good work!

vanKloot 2013-02-18 06:50

Sounds like soundtrack work... I can totally imagine this being in a suspense movie or something!

pastoreric 2013-02-18 07:32

Recycling at its finest...way to use every element with "Reason!"

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-18 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMichaelAngelo (Post 1239881)
Trippy... trippy... CATCHY.

Cheers Anthony

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-18 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlgrace (Post 1239907)
You my friend are a talented SOB.

Industrial, d'n'b, experimental.... and all good. damn.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Carl. Now I've just got to convince everyone else so I can do this full time :P

I really appreciate that you've taken the time to listen to so many of my tracks!