Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Give me something i can work with (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176370)

maclife 2013-02-18 00:39

Give me something i can work with

I love Reason but i find myself messing with other Daws lately. The process of making a beat isn't as fun as it used to be. Its getting slower and there's too much mouse work and i'm tired of using 3 programs to chop samples and convert to mp3. All of my producer friends are starting to use reason less and less. I'm like the last man standing.

I would like a controller with pads and led touch faders and a swing and note repeat feature
Recycle combined with Kong
Drag and Drop/and more efficient way to search for sounds
MP3 export
The ability to save a whole channel strip setting
A better way to group tracks/
Revap the 14:2 MIXER add a mid to the eq and pre and post to all aux channels
Built in effects into the SSL
have two panning features like protools on the ssl

If reason 7 doesn't bring it, i might have to move on to something else. That would be sad.

RuckusProducer 2013-02-18 23:39

Akai MPK Max 49 I think this will answer your controller request

Monkatron 2013-02-21 02:36

i completely understand allot of this. grouping would be amazing.. so much stuff they need to really work out and have a serious talk about behind the scenes .

Get to work props!! ;-)

Push looks like it might take me to the dark side . a friend of mine is using it and tells me its what maschine wanted to be .

its like apple. it takes a software developer to make the hardware before we get full integration. and thats real talk ..

ccooper8167 2013-02-21 03:15

I Co-sign! That Push device looks like the truth. True innovation.

maclife 2013-02-21 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1240361)
Akai MPK Max 49 I think this will answer your controller request

That controller looks really nice. I just wonder if it's really going to work well with reason. The million dollar question.

maclife 2013-02-21 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkatron (Post 1241734)
i completely understand allot of this. grouping would be amazing.. so much stuff they need to really work out and have a serious talk about behind the scenes .

Get to work props!! ;-)

Push looks like it might take me to the dark side . a friend of mine is using it and tells me its what maschine wanted to be .

its like apple. it takes a software developer to make the hardware before we get full integration. and thats real talk ..

Push looks nice. I think i watch the videos on it everyday. I wish Prop would give us a head up on what coming. Because i'm using it less and less these days and i'm using my maschine more and more and i'm think about getting that push. I like the mouse free software.

Djstarski 2013-02-21 22:56

can you come up with something no other DAW has ? Reason compared to hardware is a God send . panning like pro tools ? are you serious ? the old desk did not have that . you had to use to channels to get that .they should give you guys the old hardware equipment and maybe we wouldn't complain so much about little things like panning . i do agree with group channels that is standard on old school hardware . think of something that no other DAW has ,not stuff that already exists . think outside the box .

jlgrimes 2013-02-22 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djstarski (Post 1242386)
can you come up with something no other DAW has ? Reason compared to hardware is a God send . panning like pro tools ? are you serious ? the old desk did not have that . you had to use to channels to get that .they should give you guys the old hardware equipment and maybe we wouldn't complain so much about little things like panning . i do agree with group channels that is standard on old school hardware . think of something that no other DAW has ,not stuff that already exists . think outside the box .

I do think some of the things the OP mentioned deserves consideration in Reason.

I think the bigger question is how Props can accomplish these tasks better.

normen 2013-02-22 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djstarski (Post 1242386)

I agree, I expect more from Reason than copying what all other DAWs do honestly, even if it comes with caveats :)

DjVinnie91 2013-02-22 11:20

People keep asking for mp3 export, even though it's really dumb and stupid. Makes me wonder where the real musicians are.