Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Seeking a Reason 6.5 Master in New York City (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176441)

Polarisphere 2013-02-19 04:45

Seeking a Reason 6.5 Master in New York City

I'm a producer/recording artist in search of a proficient Reason 6.5 engineer/producer/composer who's interested and willing in taking me under his/her wing as their Assistant/Protege/Pupil.

I sincerely want to learn and better my craft but there's only so much progress I can achieve on my own. I need somebody to collaborate with for a mutually beneficial objective so we can cover more ground as an combined effort.

With all due respect and sincerity,

Polarisphere

ryszard 2013-02-19 15:10

I believe that is the most respectful request for assistance I have ever seen on these forums. Good on ya. Know that there is a wealth of tutorials available. Look to the top of the General forum for a 'sticky' post containing a list of such. Looking on Youtube for specific techniques is also useful.

If you are in this as a profit-making endeavor and have the budget I suggest you check out the Reason Online Course at Manchester MIDI School. They have a ten-week video-based course that will take you through the basics (and not-so-basics) and blow you away. A new class starts each month and runs about $450 depending on the exchange rate.

HERE is a direct link to the information page.

HTH,

Richard
Atlanta, GA

djfm1983 2013-02-20 01:51

In the mean time you can buy some great videos from audioschoolonline.com or puremix.net they have some of the best videos I have come across. Also some great books to pick up, "The Art of Mixing" by David Gibson and "The Mixing Engineers Handbook" by Bobby Owsinski are some of the best books I've ever read about mixing.
These are mainly about mixing techniques and not about Reason. You can apply any of these mixing techniques within any DAW. It's all about the mixing techniques if you want that "pro" sound.

PeterLansford 2013-02-20 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 1240640)
Looking on Youtube for specific techniques is also useful.

+1 YouTube

djfm1983 2013-02-20 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterlansford (Post 1240987)
+1 YouTube

It can be hard to find really good videos on youtube because you have so many amauters making videos. I only want to learn from the pros.

PsyTale 2013-02-20 09:11

Willing but not able.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polarisphere (Post 1240463)
I'm a producer/recording artist in search of a proficient Reason 6.5 engineer/producer/composer who's interested and willing in taking me under his/her wing as their Assistant/Protege/Pupil.

I sincerely want to learn and better my craft but there's only so much progress I can achieve on my own. I need somebody to collaborate with for a mutually beneficial objective so we can cover more ground as an combined effort.

With all due respect and sincerity,

Polarisphere

Thats a nice request, I would have helped out but I don't live in the states :) So, this master is willing but not able! Maybe some other one reads this and is willing to help you out!

ryszard 2013-02-20 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by djphathead (Post 1240999)
It can be hard to find really good videos on youtube because you have so many amauters making videos. I only want to learn from the pros.

True. I once found myself taking a Reason lesson from an 11-year-old child. He knew what he was doing, though, and explained it well.

Polarisphere 2013-02-20 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 1240640)
I believe that is the most respectful request for assistance I have ever seen on these forums. Good on ya. Know that there is a wealth of tutorials available. Look to the top of the General forum for a 'sticky' post containing a list of such. Looking on Youtube for specific techniques is also useful.

If you are in this as a profit-making endeavor and have the budget I suggest you check out the Reason Online Course at Manchester MIDI School. They have a ten-week video-based course that will take you through the basics (and not-so-basics) and blow you away. A new class starts each month and runs about $450 depending on the exchange rate.

HERE is a direct link to the information page.

HTH,

Richard
Atlanta, GA

Thanks Richard! Definitely appreciated! I'll look into it immediately. Already sounds promising. Cheers!

Polarisphere 2013-02-20 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 1241161)
True. I once found myself taking a Reason lesson from an 11-year-old child. He knew what he was doing, though, and explained it well.

An 11-year old Reason user?! That's insane! Gotta Google that myself! Lol.

Polarisphere 2013-02-20 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by djphathead (Post 1240976)
In the mean time you can buy some great videos from audioschoolonline.com or puremix.net they have some of the best videos I have come across. Also some great books to pick up, "The Art of Mixing" by David Gibson and "The Mixing Engineers Handbook" by Bobby Owsinski are some of the best books I've ever read about mixing.
These are mainly about mixing techniques and not about Reason. You can apply any of these mixing techniques within any DAW. It's all about the mixing techniques if you want that "pro" sound.

Thanks but what I'm specifically seeking is live/personal engagement - not self-help/assistance from books/videos - apologies if I initially didn't clarify that. Reason being is I'm at a point in my life where I've amassed a good wealth of production knowledge and expertise but doing it alone is or can be overwhelming/depleting. It would be ideal to have a co-engineer/producer to partner up with in addition to reinforce my passion/drive a.k.a. routinely recharge the battery on my back. We're all aware of how grueling and discouraging life can be at times, especially to those pursuing a career/livelihood in the entertainment industry.