Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Authorizer Does Not Work (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176453)

bbfour9 2013-02-19 11:39

Authorizer Does Not Work

I bought Reason 6 not long ago.

I've followed all the installation and authorization instructions to the letter and it doesn't work. I've wasted hours of working time on this. Apparently authorizer was created with "user-friendlyness in mind". I would consider this totally the opposite. Edit: Unfortunately I have a tendency to overreact, so wrote some silly stuff here. In the end I fixed it by upgrading to Reason 6.5 and using the latest Firefox to authorize via my account.

n0ahg 2013-02-19 11:44

What is the issue you are having?

BonezMcCoy 2013-02-19 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfour9 (Post 1240556)
I bought Reason 6 not long ago.

I've followed all the installation and authorization instructions to the letter and it doesn't work. I've wasted hours of working time on this. Apparently authorizer was created with "user-friendlyness in mind". I would consider this totally the opposite. In fact, I have been put off buying any other Propellerhead software, and doubt I will ever use this one. So not only a waste of time, but a waste of money.

Contact support, they'll sort you out. In the meantime, what sort of error message are you getting?

bbfour9 2013-02-19 11:57

I've sent them a message. The problem is that I can only open a file if I'm connected to the internet. It hasn't authorized it fully despite following the instructions.

BonezMcCoy 2013-02-19 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfour9 (Post 1240564)
I've sent them a message. The problem is that I can only open a file if I'm connected to the internet. It hasn't authorized it fully despite following the instructions.

Go to your account here>Products>Reason>Manage licence>follow the instructions

bbfour9 2013-02-19 12:04

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that previously and it didn't work either unfortunately.

BonezMcCoy 2013-02-19 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfour9 (Post 1240568)
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that previously and it didn't work either unfortunately.

This could be a faulty IK, hopefully it isn't and support will sort you out quickly.

bbfour9 2013-02-19 12:54

If it is a faulty IK, what does that mean?

By the way, it's ironic that you reply much faster than their support team.

LABONERECORDINGS 2013-02-19 12:57

What browser are you using to go online with? shouldn't make much difference, but sounds like you need to make sure your Ignition Key has the authorisation licence made 'active' so you can use 'offline'.

Go to 'Your Products' and 'Manage Licence'. The browser will look for your key in the USB, when it finds it, it should replicate to the IK.

If you still get stuck give us a shout back here

if it's a faulty Ignition Key, then speak with Props so they should send you a replacement one. What system are you using? Mac or PC?

BonezMcCoy 2013-02-19 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfour9 (Post 1240586)
If it is a faulty IK, what does that mean?

By the way, it's ironic that you reply much faster than their support team.

Actually, it isn't. Support does not answer here but by email (if you have sent an email and received an automated reply), and they answer on a first come first served basis. Your request is queued and when they get to it they'll get back to you, it shouldn't take longer than 48 hours. IK is the Ignition Key, that is, the dongle. If it is faulty, they'll send you a replacement. By the way, you DID have it plugged in when you did what I suggested aboven, right?