Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What are some of the best ways to easily sync your Reason folder between 2 computers? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176579)

arnoleri 2013-02-21 05:42

What are some of the best ways to easily sync your Reason folder between 2 computers?

I'd like to sync my reason folders in my laptop and desktop. Do any of you do this?

carlgrace 2013-02-21 05:51

You can get google drive and then install it on both computers. Works great once you get over the pain in the ass of uploading all your stuff.

Stereoimagery 2013-02-21 06:07

dropbox works better. it has a desktop app that you dont have to upload to. works as a shared folder.

just use two different accounts and enable sharing between the two for the reason folder

carlgrace 2013-02-21 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stereoimagery (Post 1241808)
dropbox works better. it has a desktop app that you dont have to upload to. works as a shared folder.

just use two different accounts and enable sharing between the two for the reason folder

I think they work pretty much the same way... even with dropbox you have to upload everything before you can share. At some point that data has to travel from one computer to the next.

Google Drive is a bit cheaper than Dropbox but they are both pretty much the same. I get 200GB on Google Drive for $10 a month.

dmcghee 2013-02-21 10:27

Dropbox is the ideal way to share files to and from any computer.

CeriJC 2013-02-21 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoleri (Post 1241799)
I'd like to sync my reason folders in my laptop and desktop. Do any of you do this?

Are the two machines physically in the same place whenever a synch needs to occur? Also, does a network connection (and/or internet connection) exist on both machines?

I think knowing that is a key factor in determining what'd be the best means of synching them for you.

n0ahg 2013-02-21 10:52

Dropbox (as with other similar services) allows you to set up a directory which is synced automatically so you don't need to explicitly upload your files and if you are on the same LAN it can copy the files directly between your computers!

PsyTale 2013-02-21 12:33

Dropbox all the way, its perfect, you can both work on a project whenever you like and when you save its updated for both (or more) persons.

VillaNDubstep 2013-02-21 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlgrace (Post 1241804)
You can get google drive and then install it on both computers. Works great once you get over the pain in the ass of uploading all your stuff.

I hear that, google drive really is just quick and easy. You can just put your stuff in the google drive folder and sync it so then anyone that it is shared with will have it automatically when their Gdrive syncs up - I don't even have to launch safari to upload stuff, just drag and drop or save it directly.
I'd recommend it for what the OP is after, also useful for collaborating.

n0ahg 2013-02-21 13:56

I have Box, Dropbox, Goggle Drive, SkyDrive, Suger Sync... best to check each and see which offers what you need ;-)

For example, if you are an Android user and the files are under 100MB each then you can still get 50GB free space!