Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anodyne (Jazzy ambience) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176659)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-22 17:20

Anodyne (Jazzy ambience)

Loading SoundCloud…

Some jazzy ambience I put together today. Contains a brief [glitched up] sax performance by yours truly. Hope you enjoy it.

moofi 2013-02-22 18:37

beautiful one, enjoyed the calm atmosphere very much :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-22 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by moofi (Post 1242853)
beautiful one, enjoyed the calm atmosphere very much :)

Thanks muchly. Glad you enjoyed it.

ecopro 2013-02-22 19:54

As I said in SC, this style reminds me of Saltillo. Check them out if you can.

Unique take on Glitch ambient that started out a bit disjointed, but culminated in something more listenable.

Cheers man!

Ed

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-22 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1242884)
As I said in SC, this style reminds me of Saltillo. Check them out if you can.

Unique take on Glitch ambient that started out a bit disjointed, but culminated in something more listenable.

Cheers man!

Ed

Yeah I listened to the track you linked me to. It's very similar indeed to mine; I promise I've never heard it before :P I normally aim to sound different to other artists as far as I can.

Saltillo seem really compelling, I'm definitely going to have to listen to more! Cheers Ed

ecopro 2013-02-22 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1242894)
Yeah I listened to the track you linked me to. It's very similar indeed to mine; I promise I've never heard it before :P I normally aim to sound different to other artists as far as I can.

Saltillo seem really compelling, I'm definitely going to have to listen to more! Cheers Ed

Ha ha...no worries man, you do have a distinct sound. It's an automatic reaction and it should be taken as a compliment. :)

Saltillo is a favorite of mine and I recommend it to people who like Dark Electronic/Industrial music. Listen to their first album 'Ganglion' which is more TripHoppish with lots of violin and dark layers. Their second album 'Monocyte' is dirtier, darker, more on the industrial side. Menton Matthews (Saltillo), also came out with a comic book with the same name 'Monocyte'.

Cheers dude and keep thinking outside the box. I like that! :D

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-22 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1242919)
Ha ha...no worries man, you do have a distinct sound. It's an automatic reaction and it should be taken as a compliment. :)

Saltillo is a favorite of mine and I recommend it to people who like Dark Electronic/Industrial music. Listen to their first album 'Ganglion' which is more TripHoppish with lots of violin and dark layers. Their second album 'Monocyte' is dirtier, darker, more on the industrial side. Menton Matthews (Saltillo), also came out with a comic book with the same name 'Monocyte'.

Cheers dude and keep thinking outside the box. I like that! :D

Box -> Not in it. Got it :)

I'll go and get my hands on those albums now.