Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Freestyle <Kraftwerk Style> Remix of Pacific Deep (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176843)

ecopro 2013-02-26 15:30

Freestyle <Kraftwerk Style> Remix of Pacific Deep

Since listening to Carl & Raymond's Pacific Deep Synthpop sensation 'Beyond Repair. I was very impressed by it! So I asked to make a remix of it and here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/g-e-m/pacific-deeps-beyond-repair

I've always been fond of Kraftwerk and 80's Freestyle music. So thanks guys for inspiring me to make something along those lines.

Rack Extensions used:

Dyna-mite
Neutron
Echobode
Pulsar
Antidote
Saturation Knob

All comments and feedback appreciated.

Ed

mastertonyd 2013-02-26 15:47

You've done a great job on this one Ed!

ecopro 2013-02-26 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastertonyd (Post 1244961)
You've done a great job on this one Ed!

Hey Tony, thanks so much man!

How have you been? Gotta catch up with your tracks soon. :)

Peace,

Ed

UberJimm 2013-02-26 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1244955)
Since listening to Carl & Raymond's Pacific Deep Synthpop sensation 'Beyond Repair. I was very impressed by it! So I asked to make a remix of it and here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/g-e-m/pacific-deeps-beyond-repair

I've always been fond of Kraftwerk and 80's Freestyle music. So thanks guys for inspiring me to make something along those lines.

Rack Extensions used:

Dyna-mite
Neutron
Echobode
Pulsar
Antidote
Saturation Knob

All comments and feedback appreciated.

Ed

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this remix! I really liked the song in its original form, but you've taken it to a whole new level of awesomeness with this remix. So good! Kraftwerk are my all-time favourite band, and I'm an old-school synth-pop geek at heart, so this mix is right in the sweet spot for me. Excellent job!

Thanks as well for posting what you used on the mix. I've been debating for some time over whether or not to give Echobode and Dynamite a try. I think it's high time I did.

This is truly an enjoyable piece of work here. Kudos to you, Carl & Raymond. :)

Cheers,

J

ecopro 2013-02-26 18:35

Hi UberJim,

I'm very pleased with the outcome of this track and comments like yours reiterate and erase any production doubts I may have. Thanks so much for that.

Yeah! those two Res are Class A. Echobode has crazy depth and it is so useful for fx and transitions. Dyna-mite is my new fave Compressor/limiter/expander/gater. Can't recommend it enough! I used it all over the drums on this remix, and without it, this mix sounded weak. :)

Cheers to a fellow Kraftwerk & Synthpop geek from another geek at heart. :)

Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberJimm (Post 1245025)
I can't begin to tell you how much I love this remix! I really liked the song in its original form, but you've taken it to a whole new level of awesomeness with this remix. So good! Kraftwerk are my all-time favourite band, and I'm an old-school synth-pop geek at heart, so this mix is right in the sweet spot for me. Excellent job!

Thanks as well for posting what you used on the mix. I've been debating for some time over whether or not to give Echobode and Dynamite a try. I think it's high time I did.

This is truly an enjoyable piece of work here. Kudos to you, Carl & Raymond. :)

Cheers,

J

ryszard 2013-02-27 01:11

Brilliant. Maintains the spirit of the original while adding fresh, imaginative touches that would make this a natural on today's dance floor. More than that, it's a tribute to the spirit of this community. Truly wonderful in all respects.

Dave909 2013-02-27 01:16

Really nice Ed! You stayed true to the original but still gave it a twist. I'm a sucker for vocal preservation haha ;)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-27 01:19

Cracking tune Ed! Love it.

carlgrace 2013-02-27 06:35

You did a heck of a job, Ed. Love the remix to death... seriously exceeded my expectations, my friend. I love how you maintained a lot of the meaning and feel of my lyrics and emotion but totally took it your own way. Just a truly stellar production.

Thank you for doing this! It really was a joy to listen to (again and again!)

ecopro 2013-02-27 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 1245296)
Brilliant. Maintains the spirit of the original while adding fresh, imaginative touches that would make this a natural on today's dance floor. More than that, it's a tribute to the spirit of this community. Truly wonderful in all respects.

Thanks Rys! These guys have a hit Synthpop song as it is. In my opinion, this is one of their best work yet. So thanks for the accolades and for seeing it as a tribute, because it really is. Cheers! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1245303)
Really nice Ed! You stayed true to the original but still gave it a twist. I'm a sucker for vocal preservation haha ;)

Yo thanks man. Yeah, decided to keep true to the original in terms of vocals. They are well done already, so why mess with them right? Thanks for listening dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1245305)
Cracking tune Ed! Love it.

Cheers! you biscuit loving guy. :D