Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT: Musician's Friend Stupid Deals... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176858)

joeyluck 2013-02-26 19:44

OT: Musician's Friend Stupid Deals...

These things are great!

Today's is a Maschine! Wish I had the money to get one today!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/

danny_f 2013-02-26 20:09

I really don't see what the attraction is.

vanKloot 2013-02-26 20:13

Holy shitzu! I've been seriously contemplating adding a device like this to my system but didn't want to pay more than $400 and even used, they're going for more than that.

Damn damn damn... today was payday for me too. I may have no choice but to get this... joeyluck, I simultaneously curse and praise you! :D

EDIT: for some reason I thought this included Massive? Am I just plain mistaken or is that a different edition of the product?

Edit 2: From the NI website: "With the 1.8 MASCHINE update, all MASCHINE users get the legendaryMASSIVE* synthesizer – a sonic monster for basses and leads with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds – worth $199 / 179 € alone. " So does this get the 1.8 update? Anyone know?

vanKloot 2013-02-26 20:20

DOH! This is the original Maschine, not the current Mk2. No wonder it's on sale... OK strike that idea. I want a Mk2 if anything.

joeyluck 2013-02-26 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny_f (Post 1245090)
I really don't see what the attraction is.

Everyday, they have a "stupid deal" on something. So far, I've seen a VRM Box for $49 (half off) and other new interfaces as well. Kind of reminds me of the Holiday countdown with Propellerhead—never really sure what deal might happen the next day. It's fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanKloot (Post 1245097)
DOH! This is the original Maschine, not the current Mk2. No wonder it's on sale... OK strike that idea. I want a Mk2 if anything.

True. Good eye. However, not really sure what decides what goes on sale. There's been some pretty relevant stuff in the past few days.

VillaNDubstep 2013-02-26 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanKloot (Post 1245097)

I bought the mikro (original) just days before the software upgrade to 1.8 came out and massive comes with that regardless of the model MK1 or MK2. To be honest, if I was you I'd go for it and save yourself some money. You should get software version 1.8 and massive, all though I had to drop NI a quick email to get the massive license number and download, they responded in just under a week and no hassle.
You're not really going to benefit that much more with the MK2 model, it seems to be mainly cosmetic changes like different colour pads and changeable faceplates.
This could also be the perfect solution to your Vst host, maschine will never replace Reason but it offers some things that reason can't. Seriously, go for it - maschine is a beast no matter what and definitely great value for money with all the software included

VillaNDubstep 2013-02-28 09:17

Hey, VanKloot did you get the maschine? :)

joeyluck 2013-02-28 15:19

Thanks for bumping this thread. Now I see the Nord Drum is $200 off today! Anybody use this? Any good?

Exowildebeest 2013-02-28 16:43

Oooh yeah I'm interested in that Nord Drum as well!

The downside of this, and all other cool hardware and iOS apps I like, is of coure...

MIDI-out for Reason please :(

Please... :(

vanKloot 2013-02-28 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1246274)
Hey, VanKloot did you get the maschine? :)

No I didn't... I'm really crushing (falling in love with, for those not in the states) on the Ableton Push. I'm not entirely thrilled that it *requires* using Live, but those pads... the notion of playing pitched instruments on that thing is very intriguing to me. It's a helluvalot more money obviously but I'm seriously considering jumping on that bandwagon before their March 5 deal expires. Tough decision to drop $1200 though...