Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fix Your Web Site... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176942)

bodanka 2013-02-28 01:01

Fix Your Web Site... (Problem solved)

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

Your Web Shop (Rack Extensions section only) is not possible to use.
(Opera browser latest version)

Thanks

Exowildebeest 2013-02-28 02:54

You have a virus or that latest version of Opera is really shitty ;)

It displays fine here in Chrome and IE. Seriously, not sure what's wrong on your end. That text certainly appears weird.

SteveDiverse 2013-02-28 03:20

Opera is an interesting, but goofy browser...

When you build a web page, you can either use totally standard HTML/etc, or you can utilize browser-specific extensions and write separate versions for each browser/version you wish to support, in which case, you also have code to detect the browser being used, and the code specific to that browser is used.

I haven't used Opera in awhile because of issues I had using it...but last version I used had an option to fool the webserver.

There was an option where you could have Opera "lie" to the server and say it was IE, or Mozilla.

Although this feature was (potentially) useful to developers, because the Opera site rendering engine was coded to render pages like IE, or Mozilla, depending on how it was set - it didn't always work because it wasn't really IE or Mozilla, but Opera's emulation of IE or Mozilla.

Because of this, Opera does have issues with certain sites.

That said, it looks like the primary issue is with the font that's being used... so it is likely that you have something set in Opera that's causing it to render the page incorrectly.

vanKloot 2013-02-28 06:55

Good luck getting most any major company to worry about whether or not their site loads in Opera.

Djjimmyc 2013-02-28 11:22

I'm sure they will re-code the site for you and the other few opera users

kylelee 2013-02-28 15:00

it looks like you either have custom fonts set in opera or you dont have the fonts on the page

tonalaxis 2013-02-28 15:48

Rotor looks good though. :)

Exowildebeest 2013-02-28 16:36

Can he even read what we're saying here?

:D

alimony 2013-03-01 13:59

This is surely a font problem rather than an Opera problem. It looks like you've set up some weird custom fonts. Have a look in Opera preferences, in the "Webpages" tab. Mine is set to Times New Roman and Menlo, and the shop website works fine.

bodanka 2013-03-01 21:40

1 Attachment(s)
I'm always using Opera and never had any problems.
Also I'm using Opera for emails so I've got 2 things in one program under one running process only.

Of course I have not any problems with other sites and no problems with this forum. Also I have not any problems with all other web sites. that is why I'm suggesting to fix it :D

Thanks for Your responds.
I tried to find this Menlo font but is not on the list
See attachment.