Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   License key issue no#35 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176964)

TTTOY 2013-02-28 11:09

License key issue no#35

I bought a bit more of these nice CV Volt Rack Extension but unfortunately it took me super long again to have all licensed correctly on both of my computers. Eventhough I did it a few times already Reason still wants to log in online.. I don´t understand it.. But this email I got now really shocked me:

It seems that on Feb 28, 2013 12:22:48 AM, two computers tried to access your account authorization simultaneously. This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You tried to run the program on several computers simultaneously. By the licensing agreement you have agreed to, this is not allowed.
Come on guys!

I have a studio computer and a laptop and have to exchange projects and files.. Totally understood that I can´t use it on both computers at the same time, the license key makes it impossible anyway but this weird threat is ridiculous..

How far you wanna take customer punishment?

EricBom 2013-02-28 11:37

Apparently you have only got one license.

Otherwise you should buy another license so you have 2 and then run them on both computers at the same time.

TTTOY 2013-02-28 11:50

Yes I understood that part..
Since I use sessions that I create in the studio and transfer them into my laptop, an accident must have happened that I loaded the program without having the key exchanged fast enough .. What was wrong with me? How could I dare..
I must have been insane... I will try my best to be a good customer.

PsyTale 2013-02-28 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTTOY (Post 1246335)
Yes I understood that part..
Since I use sessions that I create in the studio and transfer them into my laptop, an accident must have happened that I loaded the program without having the key exchanged fast enough .. What was wrong with me? How could I dare..
I must have been insane... I will try my best to be a good customer.

Why are you making such a scene? This thread sucks!

adfielding 2013-02-28 12:43

Are you using Reason 6.5.3? I remember the initial release of 6.5 would prompt you to log-in sometimes even if you didn't have any trial REs downloaded. If not, I would strongly suggest downloading it.

TTTOY 2013-02-28 16:55

Hello Adfielding, unfortunately it happened after making the update.
If I´m taken wrong about "making a scene" I want to excuse.
Since I don´t have these issues with other software, it´s just kind of disappointing and getting a warning right away is sort of spooky.
I guess if you do everything on one computer or laptop it´s easier.

EnochLight 2013-02-28 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTTOY (Post 1246526)
Hello Adfielding, unfortunately it happened after making the update.
If I´m taken wrong about "making a scene" I want to excuse.
Since I don´t have these issues with other software, it´s just kind of disappointing and getting a warning right away is sort of spooky.
I guess if you do everything on one computer or laptop it´s easier.

Propellerhead has one of the most lucrative end user license agreements in the industry: you purchase one license, but you can install it on as many machines as you want - just so long as you agree to only use one instant at a time and it is by the original license owner. I understand that you made a mistake by logging in at the same time on two machines, but let's not mince words: accident or not - you violated the terms you agreed to.

It's not like they terminated the agreement on your first accident - you were given a friendly reminder.

Relax man. It's not that big of a deal.

Just don't let it happen again... :D