Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CANNOT LAUNCH Reason, Please HELP!!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=177351)

ARTFULDODGA 2013-03-07 03:14

CANNOT LAUNCH Reason, Please HELP!!!

Hello all,

I have a Macbook Pro, mid 2012 and I recently bought the Reason 6/Balance bundle, it came with Reason Essentials disc and a Reason 6 upgrade disc, as well as the balance hardware. I had previously downloaded the Reason 6.5 demo several months ago. I uninstalled/deleted the reason 6.5 version that I downloaded, then started to load the Reason Essentials software, I followed the "QUICK START BALANCE AUDIO INTERFACE" instructions accordingly and everything was fine until i tried to authorize... i received a message in a window saying i did not have any purchased rack extensions.

I then went onto my propellerhead user account and registered both the essentials and the reason 6(both registered, and show download option to the right) I tried to install the Essentials and Reason 6 from disc, they both install in my applications, when I go to launch, a popup says that "Additional installation required" followed by Reason needs to install a system extension for the Ignition Key hardware".

Options are "Quit" or "Install and restart", when I click on Install and restart, another Reason icon opens in the dock, two Reason icons are visible for only a few seconds, then both icons disappear from the dock, nothing else happens...I CANNOT LAUNCH REASON

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to solve this issue, as of right now, I cannot open Reason either essentials or (currently installed)Reason 6 which after registering my upgrade for 6, I then downloaded from the propellerhead site!

PLEASE HELP, I AM A NEW USER AND EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED, I JUST WANT TO MAKE MUSIC!!!

I have tried to install both the Essentials and Reason 6 from disc multiple times, and have (to my knowledge) uninstalled them prior to each load/install try! I have tried to look through the forums but cannot find an answer!

Thank everyone in advance!!! :D

3rdFloorSound 2013-03-07 03:53

I wonder if you might have to reinstall Authorizor--think it's in the downloads section.

ARTFULDODGA 2013-03-07 06:47

Problem solved

Hey 3rdFloorSound,

I GOT IT TO WORK AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE ONLINE, JUST WROTE IGNITION TO MY BALANCE!!!! :D
Thank you for the prompt response, I actually just figured it out! I had actually tried to download the Authorizer from the site earlier yesterday, could not install...install was greyed out in lower right hand corner of prompt screen!

This is what I did, for anyone who runs into the same issue:

1. First-Go to propellerhead website--setup an account!!!

2. Just register the Essential and Reason 6 to your account(info in disc cover), then upgrade to 6.5 will be granted by propellerhead website, might take a while, got mine quickly, within an hour or less, might be quicker!

3. Make sure you have cleared all previous Reason versions from your Macbook(move any saved songs, patches, etc. you previously created out of Reason folder prior to deleting/moving to trash!

4. Go to DOWNLOADS on website-Download the Reason 6.5 from the site, full version not upgrade! Download should include Authorizer!

5. Launch Reason 6.5, popup should prompt for ignition extension install, enter your Macbook admin password!

6. Should get popup saying ignition installed, and prompt to restart Macbook!

7. Once Mac restarted...

8. Plug Balance hardware into USB port. Launch Reason 6.5 again...Screen for launch mode appears...3 options=Demo mode, Internet verification, or Register and Authorize.

9. Choose Register and Authorize(if you want balance or ignition key launch method)...should take you to Propellerhead website...Enter account name and password.

10. Follow prompts!!! I took screenshots as pdf's of the prompts if anyone needs help after this point!

Thanks again for the suggestion 3rd Floor Sound, take it easy! :D :D :D

PsyTale 2013-03-07 11:59

Very good example of how it should be!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTFULDODGA (Post 1251524)
Hey 3rdFloorSound,

I GOT IT TO WORK AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE ONLINE, JUST WROTE IGNITION TO MY BALANCE!!!!

Step 1~10

Hi Artfuldodga,

Reading this post you made me feel proud at you, why because you took the time to describe what solved your problem. Most people just want an answer and forget that when they eventually find it out other people might be helped by it.

So props on that!

n0ahg 2013-03-07 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1251484)
I wonder if you might have to reinstall Authorizor--think it's in the downloads section.

Do not install the standalone Authorizer if running Reason 6.5.x or Reason Essentials as Authorizer version 1 doesn't support REs.

3rdFloorSound 2013-03-07 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1251629)
Do not install the standalone Authorizer if running Reason 6.5.x or Reason Essentials as Authorizer version 1 doesn't support REs.

Whaa? Swear it was done on another pc in the house and has Radical piano on it. Could have it confused in the order of what was installed though.