Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alot of Noobs around!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=177984)

SidMercutio 2013-03-13 17:20

Alot of Noobs around!!

Seems theres alot of people that just bought reason ...without a solid 'reason' as to why rather than they saw FREE or their friend told them too or he/she uses it ..so i'm gonna use it.

The questions popping up in forums is hilarious!!

jzquantum 2013-03-13 17:46

Noobs make the world go 'round. The more noob questions the better.

zeebot 2013-03-13 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by djSidious (Post 1259243)

My fave in recent days is 'how do I save a patch' SMH.

mindwise 2013-03-17 17:10

Quote:

Seems theres alot of people that just bought reason ...without a solid 'reason' as to why.

I'm a user like that since version 1, and i consider myself as still being a reason n00b.
Never get anything finished beyond an 8 bar loop it seems and still get amazingly stuck tweaking with knobs and sliders...

'reason' is my music game, and it's only purpose is to have a great time tweaking knobs and making soundscapes, and if i don't understand something, i will read the forum or watch some tutorial on youtube...

We can't all be pro's ;)

VillaNDubstep 2013-03-17 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindwise (Post 1264655)
We can't all be pro's ;)

That's just a question of attitude and motivation...Anyone with the right attitude and the motivation to hit their goals can and will succeed and asking 'stupid noob' questions is the first step.
No one started off as a pro and we have all asked atleast one stupid question so let's just help the little grasshoppers here :)

kylelee 2013-03-17 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindwise (Post 1264655)
I'm a user like that since version 1, and i consider myself as still being a reason n00b.
Never get anything finished beyond an 8 bar loop it seems and still get amazingly stuck tweaking with knobs and sliders...

'reason' is my music game, and it's only purpose is to have a great time tweaking knobs and making soundscapes, and if i don't understand something, i will read the forum or watch some tutorial on youtube...

We can't all be pro's ;)

see you are on the right track though, you experiment hands-on, study, watch, learn. you therefore answer your own questions or find the answers to those questions.

there are too many questions asked that stem from not trying, studying, reading(TFM!) or forums(search), watching, or learning.

vanKloot 2013-03-17 18:30

Asking questions is how someone moves on from being a "n00b" in the first place. The problem IMO is when people with little experience or practical knowledge (oh, that would be a n00b wouldn't it?) make absolute statements as facts about things that can or can't be done or why something is the way it is, when they really need to just take a step back and accept that maybe they don't really know everything after all. It's the "sophomore syndrome". They know just enough to think they know everything, but not enough to realize they know very little.

reasoner498 2013-03-17 18:57

Quote:

Seems theres alot of people that just bought reason ...without a solid 'reason' as to why rather than they saw FREE or their friend told them too or he/she uses it ..so i'm gonna use it.

So what?

They bought Reason and are now Propellerhead customers.

Considering that they're customers, and these are the Propellerhead forums, they have the privilege of being allowed to ask questions, just the same as anybody else does.

Some people treat these forums like a private club for the elite Reason owners, then wonder why the PUF has an outside reputation of being full of asshats.

ymmv...

SidMercutio 2013-03-17 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeebot (Post 1259690)
my fave in recent days is 'how do i save a patch' smh.

hahahahaha!!! ..literally!!

SidMercutio 2013-03-17 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylelee (Post 1264735)
see you are on the right track though, you experiment hands-on, study, watch, learn. you therefore answer your own questions or find the answers to those questions.

there are too many questions asked that stem from not trying, studying, reading(TFM!) or forums(search), watching, or learning.

^^^^ What he said !! O_O *nods*