Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No Other Reason - by Pacific Deep! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=178733)

raymondh 2013-03-21 08:56

No Other Reason - by Pacific Deep!

Hi Everyone

Carl & I have finished another song. Hope you enjoy it!

Loading SoundCloud…

We used:
Reason 6.5
Bitley Platinum Refill
Bitley O8 Refill
Jiggery-Pokery Kings of Kong Refill
Korg PolySix Rack Extension
Rob Papen Predator Rack Extension

cheers,
Raymond

robhornsby 2013-03-21 11:19

another great piece of work guys more of the same my friends!

ryszard 2013-03-21 11:44

Another masterful production. You guys had a coherent voice from the very beginning. It's just up to the rest of us to realize this as you continue producing your body of work. The choral effects were magnificent and left me wanting more. I just can't find enough superlatives. Think hard about getting everything mastered and ready for release. I could make some more comparisons, but some day soon people are going to be saying of others, "Hey, those guys sound like Pacific Deep."

tincture 2013-03-21 14:18

Another good track guys. Well done!

hamst3rf1sh 2013-03-21 19:29

Another smashing tune chaps! Any chance of getting the stems to remix?

raymondh 2013-03-22 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by robhornsby (Post 1268326)
another great piece of work guys more of the same my friends!

Thanks Rob! - much appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 1268344)
Another masterful production. You guys had a coherent voice from the very beginning. It's just up to the rest of us to realize this as you continue producing your body of work. The choral effects were magnificent and left me wanting more. I just can't find enough superlatives. Think hard about getting everything mastered and ready for release. I could make some more comparisons, but some day soon people are going to be saying of others, "Hey, those guys sound like Pacific Deep."

Thanks Richard! Very kind words indeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tincture (Post 1268445)
Another good track guys. Well done!

Thanks Zac! I have to go and have a listen to your latest work soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1268684)
Another smashing tune chaps! Any chance of getting the stems to remix?

Thanks very much! PM me and lets see where this goes :)

cheers!
Raymond

hamst3rf1sh 2013-03-22 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondh (Post 1269151)
Thanks Rob! - much appreciated!

Thanks very much! PM me and lets see where this goes :)

cheers!
Raymond

Done. I look forward to hearing back from you!

carlgrace 2013-03-23 02:45

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

UberJimm 2013-03-25 17:52

Bumpin for the sake of it being an amazing song! That pad you're using is so lush! You're really becoming next-level sound-canvas painters..... if that makes any sense? You're sculpting real works of synth-pop art here by choosing sounds that really serve to accentuate the fundamentals of a well-written track. I always pay close attention to not just the rhythmic & lyrical components, but also the feel & colour of the sounds which you're using to flesh out your compositions. In short..... it's just pure ear candy, and I love it!

Listened to it a few days ago, and again a few moments ago. Undeniably some of the finest new synth-pop out there. I know I'm not alone in saying that I can't wait to hear a full album from Pacific Deep.

Great programming, great vocals, and great lyrics. Pure listening enjoyment.

Aces, lads. ACES!! :)

Cheers,

J

raymondh 2013-03-26 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberJimm (Post 1272073)
Bumpin for the sake of it being an amazing song! That pad you're using is so lush! You're really becoming next-level sound-canvas painters..... if that makes any sense? You're sculpting real works of synth-pop art here by choosing sounds that really serve to accentuate the fundamentals of a well-written track. I always pay close attention to not just the rhythmic & lyrical components, but also the feel & colour of the sounds which you're using to flesh out your compositions. In short..... it's just pure ear candy, and I love it!

Listened to it a few days ago, and again a few moments ago. Undeniably some of the finest new synth-pop out there. I know I'm not alone in saying that I can't wait to hear a full album from Pacific Deep.

Great programming, great vocals, and great lyrics. Pure listening enjoyment.

Aces, lads. ACES!! :)

Cheers,

J

Gosh Jimm, Thanks so much for the nice words :) Carl and I spend quite a lot of time layering and tweakings sounds to sound nice to our ears at least, it's really nice that you're enjoying that as well.

I listen a lot to Tangerine Dream and Jean-Michel Jarre, and the imagery they create with instrumentation is incredible. It's just amazing what they used to do back in the 70s and 80s when technology was so much less accessible.

Now, we can tweak every preset just a bit to suit the song exactly, without having to deal with synth patch management and control changes, we have as many effects units as our CPUs can handle ... we're so lucky!

In this instance, the pads in the intro and the song body are mostly layers of patches from Bitley's excellent Platinum Refill, doubled with some other things like Korg Polysix and Rob Papen Predator. But the character is predominantly Roland JX10 samples.

cheers
Raymond