Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   mixer 0db fader max? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=178822)

Di5tanzplatt3 2013-03-22 16:09

mixer 0db fader max?

hi,

is it possible to set the fader on the midicontroller on the mastermixer in reason 6 set to 0db max?

i like to play live

dioxide 2013-03-22 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Di5tanzplatt3 (Post 1269294)
hi,

is it possible to set the fader on the midicontroller on the mastermixer in reason 6 set to 0db max?

i like to play live

I'm doing this at the moment, well kind of. I've got all faders set to max and I'm doing actual level control with the instrument levels and the mixer gain (start at lowest setting). It doesn't really work if you're creating new tracks as there is no way to set a default setting for mixer channels. But if you're preparing a set of songs you should be able to get this working.

Di5tanzplatt3 2013-03-22 17:40

ah u mean dont touch the mastermixer and mapping to the instruments rack masterlevel?
using passes in the mastermixer separatly should be enough yeah but i dont want to sample to much cause i want to sustain much

dioxide 2013-03-22 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Di5tanzplatt3 (Post 1269380)
ah u mean dont touch the mastermixer and mapping to the instruments rack masterlevel?
using passes in the mastermixer separatly should be enough yeah but i dont want to sample to much cause i want to sustain much

I'm my case I've got a BCF2000 as a controller for the mixer. Setting the levels so they are correct when the faders are at their highest position makes it easy to knock things in and out or to fade elements in. I've been mostly setting volumes with the input Gains on the mixer channels,

A live set can mean all kinds of different ways of working so whatever works I guess.

selig 2013-03-22 18:37

I think what dioxide is saying is that you simply let the mixer faders go up all the way (above 0 dB, to +8.06 dB) and then pull the level down by -8 dB at the input Gain knob. So what's happening is that you are first subtracting 8 dB, then adding 8 dB back in to equal "no change" in level in the end.

But now what you can do is to just slam the fader all the way up and it will be "calibrated" to be unity gain. Make sense? :-)

dioxide 2013-03-22 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1269468)
I think what dioxide is saying is that you simply let the mixer faders go up all the way (above 0 dB, to +8.06 dB) and then pull the level down by -8 dB at the input Gain knob. So what's happening is that you are first subtracting 8 dB, then adding 8 dB back in to equal "no change" in level in the end.

But now what you can do is to just slam the fader all the way up and it will be "calibrated" to be unity gain. Make sense? :-)

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to say :D