Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stupid question but what mouse and keyboard do you use? wireless or wired? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=178961)

Jchop76 2013-03-24 04:44

Stupid question but what mouse and keyboard do you use? wireless or wired?

This may be a stupid question.

but I'm in the market for a new mouse and keyboard. And I'm wondering what I
should go with. Wireless keyboard and mouse or wired?

is there any drawbacks going with wireless keyboard and mouse with reason or a Daw?

what are others using? brands? wireless, wired?
what is your setup?

just curious.
I'm really liking the Logitech Illuminated K810 compact bluetooth keyboard. But I've heard that some have problems being able to boot into bios with a wireless keyboard??

vanKloot 2013-03-24 04:55

I have a wireless Logitech trackball because I really like the thumb-based trackballs and only Logitech seems to make them. But my keyboard is an Apple wired USB, because the wireless one that came with my computer wasn't full size, and I use the keypad all the time, as well as arrow keys, etc.

Only drawback to wireless in my experience is that sometimes your batteries are starting to die and so you get intermittent flaky mouse response. Oh that and needing to tie up a USB port with the wireless receiver, if it's not a Bluetooth device.

SteveDiverse 2013-03-24 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanKloot (Post 1270666)
Only drawback to wireless in my experience is that sometimes your batteries are starting to die and so you get intermittent flaky mouse response. Oh that and needing to tie up a USB port with the wireless receiver, if it's not a Bluetooth device.

+1..

My wireless mouse works fantastic until the battery gets low - then it's flaky -- the light will be on, making you think the mouse should function, but there's not enough battery to make it work properly...but one you figure that out, wireless is the way to go.

and yes, if you don't have blue tooth built in, you're going to use a USB port for the blue tooth dongle.

if you have built-in blue tooth - go wireless without hesitation - get the keyboard and mouse you like most (test drive for ergonomics/etc), as all will work similarly.

vanKloot 2013-03-24 07:10

I have to say I initially really liked the "magic mouse" that came with my iMac. But I found that it ate batteries like they were candy and it got REALLY flaky when the batteries were low. Also I would frequently brush the surface with my fingertips or palm and trigger various gestures that I didn't mean to trigger. Ultimately I got frustrated with it and it's now a paperweight. Brilliant idea but not well executed, IMO.

dvdrtldg 2013-03-24 07:51

MacBook Pro trackpad, love it.

djfm1983 2013-03-25 07:40

I think one if the best things about having a wireless mouse is that when you have other people working on tracks with you it's easy to bounce the mouse around instead of switching seats.

Wyggy 2013-03-25 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by djphathead (Post 1271655)
I think one if the best things about having a wireless mouse is that when you have other people working on tracks with you it's easy to bounce the mouse around instead of switching seats.

Your user name is genius. Would you please expand a bit on this, "bounce the mouse around" methodology. I've not heard of it. :)

norajcue 2013-03-25 13:11

optical wired mouse

optical wired mouse.. (with 5 knobs + wheel * nothing new but essential for me hehe)

to be honest. i like everything to be wired as long as it suppose to be at or close to it's place. i don't see the point of make it wireless then.

because nothing hates me more when i have to deal with bullshit related to batteries (or forgot to load it up) at the most unwanted productive moments.. + i don't like the extra weight which comes with batteries..

i do like it in my remote controls tho :)

ryszard 2013-03-25 13:13

Wired Microsoft ergonomic keyboard, wireless MS ergo mouse. At the time it was the logical thing. The mouse is nice because sometimes I work with a left-handed collaborator and it's easy to switch sides.

3rdFloorSound 2013-03-25 15:12

Got a "microsoft wired keyboard 200." nothing even remotely special, but it gets the job done whether or not the keys come from the factory with the "slightly loose" feature enabled for that *clackety* sound.
As far as the mouse, it's a wireless from back in '06 - logitech n231
http://www.logitech.com/assets/3488/3488.jpgFrom back in the day when they didn't assume your hand was the size of a child's, but even this thing is too small and I'm coming to the point where I'm way overdue. No idea what I'm going to do about it.
Batteries: rechargables are a necessity or you'll be buying batteries every month or so.