Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Am I the only one who thInks predator is better than antidote? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=178990)

Chiefman1031 2013-03-24 14:39

Am I the only one who thInks predator is better than antidote?

The predator gave me crazy poppy leads with it's amp sim that I can not replicate in antidote. I hate antidotes distortion. Why is it that just about everyone says to get antidote over predator. Im not a predator fanboy and am trying to keep an open mind. Anyone opinion would be great. Thanks

EnochLight 2013-03-24 14:46

It's interesting - I have both and feel they are both equally useful. I would have a hard time choosing between the two if I had to make a choice. YMMV...

Mate 2013-03-24 14:46

Antidote distortion very cool one, I like it much!

Chiefman1031 2013-03-24 14:55

So that's the better question. Which would you choose and why. Predator blew my pants off when I first tried. I mean the preset leads made my jaw drop. I couldn't find anything but fx that was stunning about antidote. I would just like people's thoughts about it.

Chiefman1031 2013-03-24 14:57

I will take another look at it, but I was less than impressed with antidotes distortion and blown away by predators amp sim

VillaNDubstep 2013-03-24 15:33

I love predator but back in december I was forced to choose between the two. I went for antidote because
1. I knew I could save some money
2. I really like the look and ease of use

But I miss predator and hopefully I can get it one day. Both synths are made by really great devs that provide an excellent service and support and both synths have their own qualities.
But if you're not feeling the love for antidote then stick with pred, whatever works for you dude

Chiefman1031 2013-03-24 15:40

Yes I know to choose what works for me, I just wanted other perspectives that I may have missed. I'm just having a hard time understanding why every post I read, seems like everyone would choose antidote over predator and am wondering if there's something I missed. Thanks

EnochLight 2013-03-24 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefman1031 (Post 1270924)
Yes I know to choose what works for me, I just wanted other perspectives that I may have missed. I'm just having a hard time understanding why every post I read, seems like everyone would choose antidote over predator and am wondering if there's something I missed. Thanks

You didn't miss anything, really. It's like preferring a Gibson over a Fender - everyone has their own preferences. Don't read too much into it - if Predator gives you the satisfaction you desire, then that's all you need.

Admittedly Rob Papen's earlier life consisted of programming patches for hardware synths (Ensoniq to name just one). Therefore Predator comes with an army of presets (4000+ last count) that covers many musical genres. Richard of Synapse is a master at VA modelling and designed Antidote to be easy to program - even for the uninitiated. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Like I said, if I had to choose between the two I would have a real difficult time. I use both in most of my productions now.

Chiefman1031 2013-03-24 15:50

Great response . Exactly what I'm lookin for. Thank you

Stereoimagery 2013-03-24 18:41

i think most people said to get antidote over predator because antidote offered more variety of a synth to the reason rack. It offered things other synthesizers weren't currently doing.
predator seemed to be similar to thor, while antidote stood out compared to both of them.

just my take at least. I know its why i bought antidote over predator. its a unique synth specifically made for reason. it has its uses and a nice crisp sound when you need it.