Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'd like to see this outdated webpage updated (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=179074)

Soulspeed 2013-03-25 14:46

I'd like to see this outdated webpage updated

Seems like they could make it more direct and easier, like most pages these days....would love to see easier ways in the forum to post and look....as well as the account setting page....the main page isnt too bad, but this forum and account pages should be easier and more eye appealing

StormCanada 2013-03-25 19:08

draw it up

There's been other threads such as this before. And some of the people drew up their ideas to present. At least that's a better way then simply pulling on the negative of your experience. Provide the solution and others will let you know if they agree. You could have also just referenced those threads as part of your discussion.

RCX-1030 2013-03-25 19:20

Just change the colour, seems to have tickled some users in the past, just don't expect everyone to like pink, blue, orange, purple or any of the other primary colours.

If you mention altering the look of any of the devices in Reason, you will probably find that you will have to commit forum suicide after going insane and dribbling like a buffoon onto your keyboard.

You have been warned :D

Soulspeed 2013-03-25 19:23

I cant do code brother....just know it could be easier and better looking )

Soulspeed 2013-03-25 19:24

Actually like the devices and program itself :))....no complaints...

StormCanada 2013-03-25 19:40

I didn't mean you have to code a new page.

Just draw up a plan and submit it for feedback.

Move this from here to here....
The menu order should be....
If Button A were larger and here then that would help with.....
or just make boxes on a sketch...

there's many ways to communicate ideas.

TheFatControlleR 2013-03-25 20:06

The forum is, essentially, vBulletin 3 with some back end tweaks to integrate Props customer registration/licencing/etc. database, with forum accounts, and some front end nip/tuck to rid some of the unnecessary functions and brand it.

Suggesting alternate schemas, additions/changes beyond the core vB coding would be a pointless exercise, IMVHO. It is what it is and it functions adequately, so why would they invest valuable time/resources in a total overhaul/upgrade (which is what would be required) with all the inherent reintegration issues a new vB application would bring. :(

Soulspeed 2013-03-25 20:45

yes, you are "write".....hahahah :)

Soulspeed 2013-03-25 20:46

well, Fat C....its time to invest im afraid....just not my gig....simple and easy is the new way of things...cheers

TheFatControlleR 2013-03-25 20:52

Go take a look at later versions of vB (or any forum application), this is 'simple and easy' in much of its functionality, and identical in the rest...