Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Feedback wanted for electronic dance track (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=179497)

Djwill1s 2013-03-30 14:47

Feedback wanted for electronic dance track

Loading SoundCloud…

What do you think? I would really appreciate your feedback

Cheers

VillaNDubstep 2013-03-30 15:12

I think the 'glitchy' bass on the drop should stand out a bit more, personal taste though.
Other than that a very nice knife party like track. Is this still a work in progress? If so would be cool to hear it when you have a finished or full length version

Djwill1s 2013-03-30 15:46

Well this is the raw shorter mix, considering doing a full version and master like I normally do. Does it sound unfinished?

VillaNDubstep 2013-03-30 16:28

It doesn't sound unfinished, actually quite nice but I think it would be better as a full track. Maybe let some parts go on for longer.
It's nothing to do with the quality of it, but just the length...A compliment if anything, I enjoyed the track :)

Djwill1s 2013-03-30 21:02

Ah cheers man :D

mastertonyd 2013-03-30 21:09

I think this one came out really good!

rlubeck 2013-03-30 22:00

I just dropped some comments on a track by someone else who was lacking dynamic control.
Your track on the other hand has too much.
It sounds to me as if you're using the master compressor and you're driving it way too hard.

It seems you're feeding it your actual unfiltered mix, making it (over)work on the low end.
Whenever the beats kick in, they get squashed instantly, removing any potential "hands up" feel.

I do enjoy your bass- and synthplay, it's not particularly original but you're having fun with all sorts of lines going on at the same time, which keeps things interesting enough.
Maybe add a bit more filling, especially during your breaks, two solo synths alone takes me out of the momentum.

Ease up on any limiting/compressing and craft a slightly more mix-friendly ending (rather than the abrupt one now) to make this tune pop.

LastAlternative 2013-03-30 22:43

Whoa. How did you get it so loud without clipping?? Sounds crystal clear. I am very jealous of some of you guys. I am getting MUCH better though. Very punchy. Honestly, I would probably bring up the snare just a tad. Like 1 or 2 dB. You are very good at this style. I like the Nintendo/Sega feel to it. Takes me back.
Please check out my song I posted today. My Shallow Heart. Let me know what you think.

LastAlternative 2013-03-30 22:44

I have to agree with VillaNDubstep. It is rather short.

Stereoimagery 2013-03-31 00:21

The synths seem like they stand out more than the beat.
Like the synths are attacking me but the drums aren't.

could be personal preference, but i like when you can feel the drums and theyre clean & punch.

its fine structure and all.
maybe work on getting a nice balance between synths and punchy drums.

i always like using the mixer master bus compressor for glueing the track together for balance in a mix.