Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alesis QX49 Transport Controls (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=179612)

cpetersus 2013-04-01 01:01

Alesis QX49 Transport Controls

I bought an Alesis QX49 yesterday for my son to use on Reason. It doesn't have a default remote map so you set it up manually...no big deal. Also in order to get the transport controls working you need to edit the Remote Override map...again, no big deal. The problem I have is the record button on the Alesis QX49 is like a momentary push button. When I hit the record button it starts to record but stops recording and reverts to playback when I release the button.

Does anyone else have this keyboard (or the 25/61 key version) and have/had the same problem? Any help or input is greatly appreciated. I tried to see if there was someplace to change the "behavior" of the record button to allow momentary inputs to latch or something...no luck there either. Again, any help is appreciated.

cpetersus 2013-04-01 16:46

Also realized this morning that the loop button doesn't function correctly either. It is non-latching as well.

3rdFloorSound 2013-04-01 18:27

Does the controller come with its own native mapping program? Maschine does and that's where you change the way the buttons function.

cpetersus 2013-04-02 23:22

You can edit it somewhat...by changing the CC message number, etc. It doesn't really allow you to change the default nature of sending 2 messages...a 127 followed by a 0 message. Which is strange because this is exactly the way my MAudio Oxygen61 functions. Does no one else have this device and figured out how to make the loop and record buttons function?

3rdFloorSound 2013-04-02 23:38

Oh wow, kind of amazed there's no "toggle."

3rdFloorSound 2013-04-02 23:55

This isn't related to it, is it?
Quote:

CONTROL SELECT: Allows you to program QX49's controls.
1. Press the KEYBOARD's CTRL SELECT key. The name of the last used controller will appear on the LCD.
2. Select the desired control by moving it or by using the -/+ buttons until its name appears in the LCD.
3. Use the KEYBOARD's numeric keys to select the controller ID (0-9).
4. Press the KEYBOARD's ENTER key to confirm your choice.
or is this some sort of mapping process...

cpetersus 2013-04-03 03:11

Solved!!!!!!

Yeah, I finally figured it out. It is super non-intuitive!!! The interface is built into the keyboard (no software programming). The manual is practically non-existent. It took me downloading Midi Ox and learning the MIDI spec to figure it out. If anyone every needs to fix this then I will be happy to get on Skype and talk it through with you. Its too flippin complicated to type out. Perhaps it will be my first You Tube tutorial!

3rdFloorSound 2013-04-03 03:25

Oh good! ...and yeah that manual is shit lol

BCreative 2013-05-16 13:47

I just purchased this keyboard and would like to get it set up. Did you ever make that tutorial or willing to give me the run through on how to do this?

cpetersus 2013-05-16 13:52

I've been out of town for what feels like a month of Sundays. I traveling today and have Friday and Monday at my home so I'm hopeful to be able to put together a quick and basic document for this unit to work with Reason. You are like the 5th person to ask and is waiting on this. My apologies to everyone for the delay.