Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PShop payment system (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=179636)

ljekio 2013-04-01 11:14

PShop payment system

I've noticed PShop's payment from credit cards performed without any confirmations. No CVV, no extra confirm button.
In the past I'm have used Paypal every pay but direct payment is more easier and cheaper.

If somebody receive my account password he can make unwanted payments very easy and, as example, I can to make accidental purchase.

Therefore I want to suggest fix it, add another button for confirm payment and always entering CVV.

ROOTROCK13 2013-04-01 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljekio (Post 1278032)
I've noticed PShop's payment from credit cards performed without any confirmations. No CVV, no extra confirm button.
In the past I'm have used Paypal every pay but direct payment is more easier and cheaper.

If somebody receive my account password he can make unwanted payments very easy and, as example, I can to make accidental purchase.

Therefore I want to suggest fix it, add another button for confirm payment and always entering CVV.

The same problem.
You have my vote.

willy3k 2013-04-01 13:13

Quote:

I bought the first RE. Then I decided to see how the process of buying my next RE, I pressed the button and immediately received a message from the bank that the money is withdrawn. Without any evidence, and enter the codes. Well, I was experimenting with useful to me RE. I'm able to accidentally click on something that I do not need at a price of $ 150.

This is not in any payment system. This is very dangerous. At least need to ask CVV each time.

JiggeryPokery 2013-04-01 13:18

Quote:

If somebody receive my account password he can make unwanted payments very easy

Why would someone have your account password? Do you leave it written down on a piece of paper in your wallet behind your credit card?

Because yes, the first place a burglar is going to go after stealing your computer is to go the PH website so see if you have an automatic login so he can get the latest Loop Loft ReFill.

And after nicking your credit card number that credit card thief is going to go immediately to the PH Shop to buy Soul School 2. After all if he'd nicked your credit card, he'd have the CVC number anyway, so exactly how does PH adding CVC protect you from fraud? If you'd bought something over the phone and spoken to a dodgy merchant, giving your card and your CVC, then the CVC was of no protection at all, since the dodgy merchant now has your entire card details that you willingly gave him. If he'd skimmed your card number and PIN electronically via an ATM or hacked Chip/Pin system, he wouldn't have the CVC number, but then he could still buy stuff at the shop next door and your card issuer would almost certainly in the first instance, refuse any liability.

You do realise that if you're using a credit card you are legally protected from fraudulant transactions?

So Chip'n'Pin and CVC are merely an attempt by CC companies and banks to put the onus of security, responsibility, and inevitably the blame and costs onto the consumer when it all goes titsup.

And multiple confirmation screens are redundant - if you can't check it correctly the first time why are you more likely to check it correctly the second time? It's like saying "goodbye! take care! see you soon!" when hanging up the phone. Just one of them is perfectly adequate.

willy3k 2013-04-01 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery (Post 1278089)
Why would someone have your account password? Do you leave it written down on a piece of paper in your wallet behind your credit card?

Because yes, the first place a burglar is going to go after stealing your computer is to go the PH website so see if you have an automatic login so he can get the latest Loop Loft ReFill.

And after nicking your credit card number that credit card thief is going to go immediately to the PH Shop to buy Soul School 2. After all if he'd nicked your credit card, he'd have the CVC number anyway, so exactly how does PH adding CVC protect you from fraud? If you'd bought something over the phone and spoken to a dodgy merchant, giving your card and your CVC, then the CVC was of no protection at all, since the dodgy merchant now has your entire card details that you willingly gave him. If he'd skimmed your card number and PIN electronically via an ATM or hacked Chip/Pin system, he wouldn't have the CVC number, but then he could still buy stuff at the shop next door and your card issuer would almost certainly in the first instance, refuse any liability.

You do realise that if you're using a credit card you are legally protected from fraudulant transactions?

So Chip'n'Pin and CVC are merely an attempt by CC companies and banks to put the onus of security, responsibility, and inevitably the blame and costs onto the consumer when it all goes titsup.

And multiple confirmation screens are redundant - if you can't check it correctly the first time why are you more likely to check it correctly the second time? It's like saying "goodbye! take care! see you soon!" when hanging up the phone. Just one of them is perfectly adequate.

I think it should be optional. If you prefer, so put checkbox and forget about problems. Personally, I prefer to enter my CVV2 each time to confirm the transaction.

selig 2013-04-01 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy3k (Post 1278115)
I think it should be optional. If you prefer, so put checkbox and forget about problems. Personally, I prefer to enter my CVV2 each time to confirm the transaction.

Yea, we already have to enter our info each time we launch Reason via internet CP (like when using trials) - can we trade that with the payment info have login be automatic and payments NOT? ;-)

BTW, I accidentally hit trial once when the screen redraw was sluggish when scrolling, and there was nothing I could do to stop the process once started - thought there should at least be an "are you sure" message with that. :-)