Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kompressør waiting for a feedback (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=180000)

chowyun 2013-04-05 16:50

Kompressør waiting for a feedback

Hello everybody,
we have just put three of our songs online and it would be nice to get some feedback. The three songs are different in style.
The first and the second one make use of some analog machines (Moog, Oberheim, DSI).

www.soundcloud.com/kompress-r/gerettet

www.soundcloud.com/kompress-r/erasing-parts

In the third track there are some guitar tunes, samples and a vocoder. This one is also a little bit more slow-paced.

www.soundcloud.com/kompress-r/creeping-up-on-me

It would be great to get some feedback.

chowyun 2013-04-06 13:19

By the way: The drums on "Erasing Parts" were made completely with Reason.
So, what do you think about it?

snakeofjune 2013-04-06 14:29

gerettet was great - my head was nodding away to that. I thought the bass didn't quite nest into the mix - it sounded as if it was in a slightly different soundspace, particularly at the start. It sat better with more instruments. Also, when more instrumentation came in I thought the mix was slightly cluttered - mainly in the middle rather than at the end. I also noticed the mix was clipping ever so slightly. I say all that because it was a great track and I really, really liked it. :)

Erasing parts was good too. I really like the 80s bass and sweeping synths. the transition at the end was particularly nice and the mix was less cluttered and everything sat well together.

Creeping up on me - great sample! Nicely arranged and good drama. No negatives!

I really like these tracks a lot and the style - it's something similar to a sound I've been after with some of my tracks recently. good stuff - I'll be watching your stuff in future!

VANGASSEN 2013-04-06 19:07

Sounds good. Old school electronic sent me back to eighties or so. Keep up.

chowyun 2013-04-07 12:46

Thanks snakeofjune and VANGASSEN. We are glad to hear that you kinda like our tunes.
And snakeofjune, you're absolutely right: There is some polish to do on "Gerettet", especially the bass-sound is on our list and the overall-mix has to be optimized.
We are delighted, that there are some folks out there, who spent their time on giving us some feedback.

eric 2013-04-07 23:16

Your ø reminds me of the online course Norwegian that I'm taking, chowyun. :)

chowyun 2013-04-11 17:13

So, good luck, Eric. Hope you make some progression with the norwegian language ;-))

eric 2013-04-11 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by chowyun (Post 1286082)
So, good luck, Eric. Hope you make some progression with the norwegian language ;-))

Takk a lot! :)

chowyun 2013-04-14 22:14

But there is still one question left, Eric (and all the other guys): What do you think about the songs?