Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Time stretching acapella audio import (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=180036)

creativemind75 2013-04-06 03:18

Time stretching acapella audio import

I've imported an acapella audio wav into Reason. No matter what I do time stretching it, can't get it to match the tempo of the song. According to Virtual DJ, the audio acapella sample is 109.76bpm. My song is 70bpm. I have Reason 6.5. Can somebody tell me what's the easiest way to get the acapella to match the tempo of the song. Thanks!

scifunk 2013-04-06 04:59

If you are trying to do it as one long sample you won't. Best to cut it into shorter sections then stretch it

creativemind75 2013-04-06 13:00

It's hard though, cause it's all in one long wav, there's no gaps. It's Queens, "We Will Rock You". It's a continuous chanting style vocal isn't it. I've transposed it as well so it's in key to the song, and it's gonna sound great when it fits and is time stretched. Maybe I should just sing it myself.

marc64 2013-04-06 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativemind75 (Post 1282179)
I've imported an acapella audio wav into Reason. No matter what I do time stretching it, can't get it to match the tempo of the song. According to Virtual DJ, the audio acapella sample is 109.76bpm. My song is 70bpm. I have Reason 6.5. Can somebody tell me what's the easiest way to get the acapella to match the tempo of the song. Thanks!

before you import the acapella set the bpm to the acapella bpm and then back to your bpm

mac0123 2013-04-06 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc64 (Post 1282427)
before you import the acapella set the bpm to the acapella bpm and then back to your bpm

this is the correct method mentioned right there.
you have head start as you know the bpm.
open new song set bpm to accapella bpm load in accapella set metronome turn stretch of on sample by selcting right clicking select turn of stretch.
then listen through just accapella with metronome .
if it is correct as sometimes things dont allways give true bpm.
then i allways just to be shure bounce to new clip delete unused recordings then turn on stretch mode again.
then copy track and paste into what you was trying to get it to fit to before it should automatically be right bpm in your new track all perfect.
simple.
just be aware of any space etc at starts ends that would off set the sample.
and also be aware some bpm detections do it by time not by the pulses so if there is space in the accapella file thats calculated into bpm too !.
have fun.

gospelfish 2013-04-07 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativemind75 (Post 1282346)
It's hard though, cause it's all in one long wav, there's no gaps. It's Queens, "We Will Rock You". It's a continuous chanting style vocal isn't it. I've transposed it as well so it's in key to the song, and it's gonna sound great when it fits and is time stretched. Maybe I should just sing it myself.

If you area talking about the vocal part only there are plenty of gaps. I think it would be easy to cut that one up into segments.

creativemind75 2013-04-07 16:14

Yeah, there is a little gap at the beginning of the audio sample. I delete this first by zooming right in a lot, and then turn the snap off and moving box right up to the beginning of the where the audio starts, then drag the box back to the beginning of the entire song. Then I move the desired clip (with the snap (set to bar) back on) to where I want it to come in. Not sure about this bouncing new clip malarky. Anyway, I tried setting the bpm of the song to 109.76. Importing it again, did all of the above, solo'd the track, with metronome on, and it sounded (hard to tell really) but think it was pretty much in time with the metronome. But when I set the bpm back again to 70bpm, the audio sample was too slow. Argh!

EnochLight 2013-04-07 17:20

Not sure if you've seen this, but it might be helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_fKn3_BRoU

scifunk 2013-04-08 19:15

You can cut the wav in to smaller parts. There are loads of gaps in the audio.