Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason Recycle Update (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=180052)

CDavillier 2013-04-06 08:32

Reason Recycle Update

Anyone know if Propellerheads will be releasing an updated version?? Im about to pull the trigger, but I'm afraid it's time for a new updated version, and I'll get it, then they'll release it. Can anyone fill me in if they have any inside info?

platzangst 2013-04-06 09:22

I don't have inside info. However, Reason 7 will have the ability to create DrRex loops right inside Reason itself, so one might assume that updating ReCycle would be on a low priority. If they update it, it would have to be a real big update.

CDavillier 2013-04-06 13:13

So basically, it doesn't make sense for me to buy it now as standalone?

vivadangermouse 2013-04-06 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDavillier (Post 1282351)

Not quite, buy maybe wait and see if Reason 7 provides the REX functionality you're wanting before taking the plunge.

CDavillier 2013-04-06 21:06

Sounds like a good idea, thanks dudes!

noraddd 2013-04-07 01:03

Recycle rumor..

Hey I heard a rumor that Recycle might be on the chopping block..anybody heard?

zeebot 2013-04-07 03:12

I honestly cant see how they could update it and what new features they would add?
Its basically an audio slicing loop maker with a few extra bits added.

usaidwot 2013-04-07 05:51

I guess the only thing I would wonder about re the onboard REX app is whether the REX loops are able to be easily saved to an external folder for use in multiple projects, or whether the edited files become part of the project file.

platzangst 2013-04-07 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDavillier (Post 1282351)

Really, it depends on how you like to work.

If you're planning on getting the Reason 7 upgrade, and you want to keep as much of your workflow inside Reason as you can, then it might not make sense for you to spring for ReCycle.

However, I often like to use other audio programs for capturing loops from outside sources, and editing them/saving them as WAVs, etc. - after which I slice them up in Recycle. Sometimes I'll sit around for a while just making loops for nothing in particular, just so I might have something I can pop into a track later. I don't have to open up the entire Reason rack in order to do this, and it just kind of works well for me. So for me, it was a good deal to buy a used copy of ReCycle as I did.

sinnerfire 2013-04-08 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by usaidwot (Post 1282868)
I guess the only thing I would wonder about re the onboard REX app is whether the REX loops are able to be easily saved to an external folder for use in multiple projects, or whether the edited files become part of the project file.

Thats a very good question....i make a lot of Dr Rex loops and save them as you never know when something you made ten months ago will work with a new project ect

Any ideas any one?