Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Taking a picture of Reason screen (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=180226)

DavidA 2013-04-09 05:10

Taking a picture of Reason screen
 
How can I take a photo of the Reason screen and save it on the computer so I can send via e-mail or what ever?

KarmaShaman 2013-04-09 05:31

Hi there. in win7 theres a great little thing called SNIPPING TOOL. look for it from your start menu search. No need for using photo editing programs with this tool

DavidA 2013-04-09 05:40

Wow, cool Thanks.

SteveDiverse 2013-04-09 06:45

"Print Screen" will put an image format of your screen in the clip board (like copy) at which point you can paste it into any software that supports image formats.

"Print Screen" varies by manufacturer... in my computer, there's a dedicated Fn (Function) button for it (labelled "Prt Sc")

marvil 2013-04-09 11:25

On a Mac; shift + cmd + 3, to take a .png picture of the screen, shift + cmd + 4, to take a cropped picture. Just in case anyone needed to know. :)

Ambientdave 2013-04-09 11:39

Hi David

if your using a PC,using the snipping tool in accessories,save that as a Jpeg

DHWood 2013-04-09 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvil (Post 1284467)
On a Mac; shift + cmd + 3, to take a .png picture of the screen, shift + cmd + 4, to take a cropped picture. Just in case anyone needed to know. :)

Additionally, after hitting shift-cmd-4, pressing the space bar will put the clipping tool into "window" mode; select a window and it'll take a picture of that window. With a drop shadow. It inflates the filesize and I'm not sure how to turn it off, but it looks cool.

ShelLuser 2013-04-09 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidA (Post 1284331)
How can I take a photo of the Reason screen and save it on the computer so I can send via e-mail or what ever?

On Windows you can use print screen to make a screensot of your entire screen, and if you use alt-printscreen it will only snap the currently active window.

As for processing and such I've become a very big fan of IrfanView for that, its free and also very extensive. From simply cutting up a picture right down to blurring certain sections which you don't want to share ;-)

marvil 2013-04-09 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHWood (Post 1284544)
Additionally, after hitting shift-cmd-4, pressing the space bar will put the clipping tool into "window" mode; select a window and it'll take a picture of that window. With a drop shadow. It inflates the filesize and I'm not sure how to turn it off, but it looks cool.

I didn't know that, very useful. I don't get a shadow, though.

vanKloot 2013-04-10 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHWood (Post 1284544)
Additionally, after hitting shift-cmd-4, pressing the space bar will put the clipping tool into "window" mode; select a window and it'll take a picture of that window. With a drop shadow. It inflates the filesize and I'm not sure how to turn it off, but it looks cool.

That's awesome, I didn't know that either and I've been using the Mac since day 1. Nice!

Here's another tweak... COMMAND-SHIFT-CONTROL-4 will allow you to make a clipping of any arbitrary screen area and save it to the clipboard WITHOUT making a file. Great for quickly pasting into Skype, an email, Messages, Word, etc.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:50.