Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sync reset RE 4 phase LFO??? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=180874)

evolve187 2013-04-19 06:32

Sync reset RE 4 phase LFO???

Hey does anyone know what to connect to the reset cv input on the 4 phase LFO to sync the start of the LFO for every note?

I tried things like the gate out CV from a Kong hit and it doesn't seem to affect it. What do I use on this " Reset " CV input?

Thanks!

evolve187 2013-04-20 21:21

doesn't anybody know?

To Propellerhead:

Should it not be a requirement of every purchasable RE you approve for sale in your shop to have some sort of available documentation or support? as consumers we expect that.

4 phase LFO is a bit lacking...

thanks for your consideration.

kloeckno 2013-04-21 00:50

It says by the sync CV input that it only works when not synced to tempo. They should change it though.

dthree 2013-04-21 02:09

I was also wondering how this worked. I didn't find a solution for PolySix but I did find that the Viking CV gate output worked connected to the CV input reset when rate type was not set to synced.

Even though it worked the 'Note in' LED did not light.

evolve187 2013-04-21 02:48

Hmm interesting. So you mean of the three rate type selections (S, N, L) it will sync if the rate type is 'n' OR 'L' but not to 'S'.?
Have to try that. But ya, if that is the case it seems anti-intuitive to not sync to note when you select 'S' sync.

Thanks for your response.

kloeckno 2013-04-21 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve187 (Post 1292999)
Hmm interesting. So you mean of the three rate type selections (S, N, L) it will sync if the rate type is 'n' OR 'L' but not to 'S'.?
Have to try that. But ya, if that is the case it seems anti-intuitive to not sync to note when you select 'S' sync.

Thanks for your response.

The "sync" in the rate type refers to the LFOs being tempo synced. But you want the LFO's phase to be reset every time you press a note, which is a different type of sync. That would be oscillator sync.

They should however make the tempo sync mode not tied to the sequencer, so you can reset the phase for all modes.

kloeckno 2013-04-21 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by db3x (Post 1292983)
I was also wondering how this worked. I didn't find a solution for PolySix but I did find that the Viking CV gate output worked connected to the CV input reset when rate type was not set to synced.

Even though it worked the 'Note in' LED did not light.

I think the Note In light is for when you use MIDI notes to change the speed of the LFOs.

dthree 2013-04-21 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve187 (Post 1292999)
So you mean of the three rate type selections (S, N, L) it will sync if the rate type is 'n' OR 'L' but not to 'S'.?

Yes, that is what I found. Sync on the switch referring to sync to tempo not cv sync.

NB) I also had the hold knob set to OFF.