Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ability To Type Slider and Dial Values In (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=181733)

mbain 2013-04-30 17:42

Ability To Type Slider and Dial Values In

I know, this has been asked for before, but Reason 7 does not contain it, so obviously Props hasn't heard or has heard but doesn't think it's important.

So I'm making the suggestion again.

Please please please implement the ability to type in values for sliders and dials instead of having to use the mouse. For people with bigger monitor resolutions, using the mouse to dial or slide the exact value we need can be quite tedious, even with the "fine" option selected and using the CTRL key.

I would think this would not be a difficult feature to implement. Am I right?

2welve 2013-04-30 18:19

This would be nice. +1

Exowildebeest 2013-04-30 18:46

It can be a nightmare to match fader levels to exactly the same value. Or any knob value anywhere that's very precise.

Given that a lot of people - me, that is - have OCD when it comes to these things, even if they're barely audible differences in values, I really hope they add this.

mbain 2013-04-30 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 1301589)
It can be a nightmare to match fader levels to exactly the same value. Or any knob value anywhere that's very precise.

You are exactly right. Tedious to the extreme.

Exowildebeest 2013-04-30 19:31

That feeling of frustration when you've got the value, release the mouse button only to see it slightly over- or undershoot it... is... a very peculiar kind of frustration.

But let's enjoy R7 for now and keep our hopes for the next release.

mbain 2013-04-30 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 1301730)
That feeling of frustration when you've got the value, release the mouse button only to see it slightly over- or undershoot it... is... a very peculiar kind of frustration.

But let's enjoy R7 for now and keep our hopes for the next release.

I was intent on buying Reason 7 until I saw a couple of refills I'd much rather spend money on.

djfm1983 2013-05-01 09:34

Hope the next version will take care of this issue. Sounds like it would be simple to program but what do I know about codeing?

plaamook 2013-05-01 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 1301730)

tell me about it.

the way track pads are on a MBP these days i don't bother with a mouse any more.

it works perfectly well in most respects but this one. the little jump you get just as you release the thing. GRRRR.

[the other one is patching cables. with a mouse you can grab a cable and then scroll up or down with the wheel. can't with a track pad. but that's another issue.]

PulseOne 2013-05-01 16:56

Plamook: Have you tried enabling three-finger drag?

snuup408 2013-05-01 19:54

lol i feel ya