Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   spectrum eq - peak hold (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=181817)

zero01101 2013-05-01 02:33

spectrum eq - peak hold

a peak hold that carries across "follow selection" changes would be greatly beneficial, yes?

that's right, i thought so. meeting adjourned.

ETalk 2013-05-01 04:17

Yup peak hold would be super useful for the new SA.

+1

danktle 2013-08-18 22:09

And here it is! YES! Please do this :)

danktle 2013-08-18 22:18

Other necessary features for the EQ/Monitor section:

Right/Left view, Response time adjustments, and (going for the gold here...) A phase scope!!! Of course, some of that stuff can be handled with a rack extension, but if you guys are in need of some perks for the next version upgrade, these would do nicely.

LastAlternative 2013-08-19 00:36

- Peak hold
- Phase scope
- Steeper High/Low cutoff slopes
- Q's to go narrower
- More frequency #s on the graph
- Master EQ above the SSL compressor in that blank white box. I love the master Spectrum Analyzer but it would be cool to have EQ for that one too! (also a signal choice to have EQ->compressor, or compressor->EQ ...if you were to make the master SSL EQ of course)

Other than that thank you Props SO MUCH for the spectrum EQ and everything else in R7!!! I love you guys almost in a gay way. JK :p

Kaimata 2013-08-19 01:36

I love Spectrum EQ too. I think it is great the way it is- it is a graphical representation of the SSL Mixer EQ.

I would like to see Propellerheads devote themselves to creating a high quality RE EQ suitable for more technical tasks than what Spectrum EQ can handle. Something like Fabfilter or DMG. This could be placed on 2bus and difficult tracks.

mechanism 2013-08-20 01:26

there is already a function at the top where you can select eq before dynamics or vice versa

danktle 2013-08-20 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanism (Post 1377769)
there is already a function at the top where you can select eq before dynamics or vice versa

I don't think that's quite what we're talking about. We're talking about a trace line that appears on the display itself to tell you "where the frequencies have been" for a second or two after a peak.

You know, the thin line line on top of the spectrum EQ readout, or the individual LEDs on a spectrum eq that stay parked on top of the graph and slowly drop after a peak on a kick or snare or whatever. It's purely a visual thing for helping analyze the sound signature.That way you can get a rough idea of the sound signature for a short period of time.

I'll post a picture here in a minute or two...

nooomy 2013-08-20 11:47

Ah yeah a peakhold function would be great

deankay 2013-08-20 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero01101 (Post 1302517)
a peak hold that carries across "follow selection" changes would be greatly beneficial, yes?

that's right, i thought so. meeting adjourned.

It's so essential