Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 7 on mac osx<10.8 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=181988)

bassjardin 2013-05-02 03:47

Reason 7 on mac osx<10.8

Auch, i am very excited that reason 7 is out. The problem is that i run 10.6.7 because i'm pretty stable right now, i'm really reluctant to upgrading since i am in the middle of a few projects.
Is there any chance of reason 7 running on osx previous to 10.8?

SynthBear 2013-05-02 03:53

https://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/new/faq/

lemec 2013-05-02 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthBear (Post 1304242)

At least Lion, my friend. . .
I was snow leopard and I upgraded in the middle of projects too. Not format ( also if seems better).

I miss snow leopard now. . But Reason 7 works perfectly here!

bassjardin 2013-05-03 02:01

i just cant take the risk to upgrade, i can't take the risk of all my plugins and old ssl plugs going out of business right now. Maybe i'll try something in double boot.

sinnerfire 2013-05-03 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassjardin (Post 1305376)
I respect PH's decision to drop support for osx <10.7 but i just cant take the risk to upgrade, i can't take the risk of all my plugins and old ssl plugs going out of business right now. Maybe i'll try something in double boot.

ill admit that one or two plugin's stopped working for me but i keep a back up of all my AU/VST effects/instruments so i just re-installed them and now everything is working fine.....All my previous projects open and work without any trouble as well.

Upgrade, you wont regret it :)

bassjardin 2013-05-26 07:12

I can't move back, I just can't take the risk of my system falling apart. Apogee seems to have trouble with osx10.8 as well. I don't understand why Reason 7 is 10.8 only. We producers can't move as fast as the consumers, we have systems we tweak and finetune for months on end. I'm dissapointed that i can't use reason 7 now. I've got one week to decide if i'll send reason back to the store.

yorick 2013-05-26 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassjardin (Post 1323788)
I can't move back, I just can't take the risk of my system falling apart. Apogee seems to have trouble with osx10.8 as well. I don't understand why Reason 7 is 10.8 only. We producers can't move as fast as the consumers, we have systems we tweak and finetune for months on end. I'm dissapointed that i can't use reason 7 now. I've got one week to decide if i'll send reason back to the store.

I actually didn't realise it was Lion+ only until I was reading it on the forum this week.
I switch between a mountain lion system in the studio, and an older snow leopard laptop that I really do NOT want to upgrade ---> ROSETTA IS GONE FROM LION ONWARDS.
I need to be able to open certain Rosetta apps.
So I'm staying with 6.5, even though I'd prefer to be using 7.

electricfusion 2013-05-26 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorick (Post 1323792)
I actually didn't realise it was Lion+ only until I was reading it on the forum this week.
I switch between a mountain lion system in the studio, and an older snow leopard laptop that I really do NOT want to upgrade ---> ROSETTA IS GONE FROM LION ONWARDS.
I need to be able to open certain Rosetta apps.
So I'm staying with 6.5, even though I'd prefer to be using 7.

if you only need Rosetta for certain apps you can clone your system to an external HDD,
preferable Firewire or Thunderbolt due to speed,and work from there while updating
the internal HDD to Lion/Mountain Lion (or vice versa).

n0ahg 2013-05-26 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassjardin (Post 1305376)
i just cant take the risk to upgrade, i can't take the risk of all my plugins and old ssl plugs going out of business right now. Maybe i'll try something in double boot.

New application requires new OS, doh!

Spectrephonic 2013-05-26 15:25

I made the leap from 10.6 to 10.8. It was painless and I have to say this: Reason 7 is smoother, faster and more stable on 10.8 compared to Reason 6.5 on 10.6

win win