Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   May have registered outside the grace period (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=182056)

goldendelicious 2013-05-02 18:36

May have registered outside the grace period

I ordered a copy of Reason last week and it arrived yesterday (May 1st). I registered as soon as I got the order. Do I still qualify for the free upgrade or am I screwed? I bought Reason because of the promise of the free upgrade. I didn't know about the grace period until after I registered Reason.

calmbird 2013-05-02 18:47

If you bought Reason in Shop and registered after march 2013 (not second hand!) you will get free upgrade.

goldendelicious 2013-05-02 18:50

So I'm just panicking for no reason? (no pun intended, ha)

phasys 2013-05-02 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendelicious (Post 1304909)
So I'm just panicking for no reason? (no pun intended, ha)

You have an invoice, right?

goldendelicious 2013-05-02 18:57

Yes, I do. I got a physical copy and the one sitting in my Guitar Center online account.

phasys 2013-05-03 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendelicious (Post 1304919)
Yes, I do. I got a physical copy and the one sitting in my Guitar Center online account.

Then you should be alright. If you don't get the upgrade automatically, just contact support and explain.

goldendelicious 2013-05-03 15:11

From customer support: "Free upgrades to Reason 7 were only granted to accounts that register a 6.5 license between March 1st and March 30th. Since you have registered the license today, it does not qualify for a free upgrade to Reason 7."

I've contacted Guitar Center to resolve this. It was advertised on their site that I would get the free upgrade. This has been a bit of hassle.

3rdFloorSound 2013-05-03 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendelicious (Post 1305842)
From customer support: "Free upgrades to Reason 7 were only granted to accounts that register a 6.5 license between March 1st and March 30th. Since you have registered the license today, it does not qualify for a free upgrade to Reason 7."

Ok that's strange, and I can imagine a bit aggravating.. The free upgrade page is still live and says nothing about March 30th.
http://www.propellerheads.se/product.../free-upgrade/

Quote:

Anybody who purchases Reason or a Reason Upgrade from an authorized dealer after March 1st qualifies for a free upgrade to version 7 of Reason.
Quote:

All you need to do is to purchase and register a qualifying product according to the matrix below on or after March 1st, 2013. Your upgrade license and software download will be made available to you on the release of Reason version 7 on April 30th, 2013.
Sounds me like you got screwed by ups.

tonalaxis 2013-05-03 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendelicious (Post 1305842)

I've contacted Guitar Center to resolve this. It was advertised on their site that I would get the free upgrade. This has been a bit of hassle.

I would email support again explaining that you purchased it within the period but couldn't register it in time because you hadn't received it yet. Scan/take a photo of your invoices proving the dates and send that too.

It's not really fair that you can't upgrade because you hadn't received it in time.

goldendelicious 2013-05-03 15:32

Guitar Center had the "Free upgrade to Reason 7" advertised so I bought it. The Propellerhead website didn't mention an end to the grace period, only the March 1st date. Not sure who to blame, so I'm starting with Guitar Center since I did that transaction with them.