Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NN-XT and Dr Octo rex combined into one. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=182918)

sinnerfire 2013-05-13 17:43

NN-XT and Dr Octo rex combined into one.
 
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/reason/nnxt.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-REX_front.png

Hello peeps,

I use the Dr Octo Rex and NN-XT a lot and i wanted to sugest that they should be combined in to one.

So i usually start off by opening a Dr Octo rex player, loading up a Rex file and then rearrange the rex file
until im happy.....

Then i like to open each slice with the "Edit Sample" editor but there is no "Edit Sample" button on the Dr Octo Rex player so i usually open up a NN-XT, load up the same rex file and carry on editing what ever i need.

This takes a loooooong time and is very annoying not to mention being a vibe killer.

Having the NN-XT and Dr Octo Rex player combined into one would save me and im guessing a lot of Reason users a lot of editing time.

So please, can you seriously consider my idea as it would totally revolutionise my music making.

plaamook 2013-05-13 20:35

don't you just need more parameters on the Octorex? i never use the thing because its kind of limited but i might if they made it run deeper.

sinnerfire 2013-05-13 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaamook (Post 1314895)
don't you just need more parameters on the Octorex? i never use the thing because its kind of limited but i might if they made it run deeper.

Yeah i agree with you, i just think that seen as they kinda do the same job that they should be made in to one sampler....so you have the best of both worlds in one instrument.

Would save me a lot of editing time.

sinnerfire 2013-05-15 18:30

Bump!! xxxxxxx

Mehdo 2013-05-16 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinnerfire (Post 1316339)
Bump!! xxxxxxx

I have in the past wondered why the Dr. Octorex does not sampler its the main loop player it should go way deeper than that lets start an official Dr. octorex sampler thread

plaamook 2013-05-17 01:59

go for it. but considering that the Octrex is a recent update i figure its unlikely to get any more attention any time soon. unless they let go of the reins on the SDK and allow 3rd party dev's to get involved.

sinnerfire 2013-05-17 03:32

The NN-XT needs a update, combining it with the Rex Players seems to me the best step forward.

djjams 2013-05-21 04:12

You're right.

At the moment I'm trying to get some rex loops into NN-XT as simple samples. But the only thing I can get it to is to load individual slices of the loop as samples.

It would be quite a bummer if one would have to first bounce each loop from a Dr. Octo Rex into an audio track just to have a sample to import into NN-XT.

So yes, NN-XT and Doc Oc should fusion.

sinnerfire 2013-05-21 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjams (Post 1320222)
You're right.

At the moment I'm trying to get some rex loops into NN-XT as simple samples. But the only thing I can get it to is to load individual slices of the loop as samples.

It would be quite a bummer if one would have to first bounce each loop from a Dr. Octo Rex into an audio track just to have a sample to import into NN-XT.

So yes, NN-XT and Doc Oc should fusion.

If you want to load up a Rex file in the NN-XT, use the "Browse Patch" button.

djjams 2013-05-21 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinnerfire (Post 1320439)
If you want to load up a Rex file in the NN-XT, use the "Browse Patch" button.

Sure I can, but then all slices get loaded as individual samples, so one cannot trigger the whole loop with just one midi note.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:49.