Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Lock in Rack" function... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=183040)

ZKH42 2013-05-15 09:55

"Lock in Rack" function...
 
Since many devices in the rack have rather small knobs and buttons it is easy to miss them with the mouse pointer and start draging the device by mistake. It should be nice to be able to lock the device in place to avoid this. Maybe a small lock symbol next to the fold/unfold symbol to lock or unlock the device?

vivadangermouse 2013-05-15 10:30

or just limit the device dragging function to a small portion of the device

ZKH42 2013-05-15 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivadangermouse (Post 1316028)
or just limit the device dragging function to a small portion of the device

That should work even better. It saves you from the hazzle of forgetting to unlock before draging. :)

JesseRyckman 2013-05-15 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivadangermouse (Post 1316028)
or just limit the device dragging function to a small portion of the device

I like that. Maybe the drop-down triangle could serve this function, or something similar.

gavuk 2013-05-16 14:02

I'll +1 that.

craven 2013-05-16 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivadangermouse (Post 1316028)
or just limit the device dragging function to a small portion of the device

this has been asked for a lot of times - when will this feature finally arrive?

I's funny to see the unwanted dragging happening in tutorial vids a lot as well. I really wonder why Props don't change dragging ASAP.

rogerlevy 2013-05-16 18:58

Yes, definitely would like this. Either locking or limit draggable area to the corners or something.

plaamook 2013-05-16 19:16

the funny thing is that it used to be that you could only drag a device at the corners. this was back in version ? and loads of people wanted them to change it so you could grab a device anywhere, like it is now.

now loads of people want it changed back, me included.

joeyluck 2013-05-16 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZKH42 (Post 1316019)
Since many devices in the rack have rather small knobs and buttons it is easy to miss them with the mouse pointer and start draging the device by mistake. It should be nice to be able to lock the device in place to avoid this. Maybe a small lock symbol next to the fold/unfold symbol to lock or unlock the device?

The small lock symbol would make sense and look great.

+1

rogerlevy 2013-05-16 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaamook (Post 1317138)
the funny thing is that it used to be that you could only drag a device at the corners. this was back in version ? and loads of people wanted them to change it so you could grab a device anywhere, like it is now.

now loads of people want it changed back, me included.


The thing is the hotspots need to be big enough to be easy to click, yet they shouldn't interfere with knob tweaking.

So maybe the solution is to add a requirement to hold the ALT key to allow dragging?

Or, here's another idea, maybe you have to hold down the mouse button for a specific period (1-2 seconds), then a different-colored rectangle appears around the device indicating it can now be dragged. (think touch-and-hold from mobile devices)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:47.