Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I require help please. Easy noob questions please help. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=183331)

jockopo 2013-05-19 10:32

I require help please. Easy noob questions please help.

Just downloaded reason essentials 2 update. its in a zipped folder how to I update my reason essentials?

Oh and I have noob problems with the sound. Only my reddrum works. I cant get any sound out of any of the other devices. Checked the wiring and everything. Windows 7 user here.

Please help!

Sincerely Reason noob.

Babul 2013-05-19 15:27

after you created an intrument (like redrum), press F4 to make the onboard keyboard visible, and press ASDFG - you should hear something. same with another device: create a subtractor and press ADGK - if you dont hear a c-major chord, then iam clueless - if 1 instrument works, the others should aswell..

the updates come .ZIPped, double click any zip* archive in order to view its content. then drag the f.ex "Update.exe" file onto your desktop, and execute it.

*you might need to download WinZIP

btw, dont rush anything, especially updates! did you read come ducumentation?
its best to get used to copy/backup any of your custom/downloaded files (refills), before attempting an update. mark each of your downloaded refill (CTRL+C) in the reason directory, and Paste (CTRL+V) it/them into a different location, where the reason installer cant access them.

Arsenic 2013-05-19 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babul (Post 1319092)
its best to get used to copy/backup any of your custom/downloaded files (refills), before attempting an update. mark each of your downloaded refill (CTRL+C) in the reason directory, and Paste (CTRL+V) it/them into a different location, where the reason installer cant access them.

Better still, don't store any refills, sounds, songs or project files in the Reason directory in the first place.

Create a directory somewhere else and store stuff in there. That way, when there is an update, you don't need to keep copying stuff backwards and forwards.

I suppose if you really want to, you can even put the Factory Sound Bank in that same directory and create an alias/shortcut to it. Then you won't have to copy anything at all.

jockopo 2013-05-28 13:32

thanx you sir. i must be an idiot. was so simple. i was nuking the hell out of that issue.

Stinga2013 2013-05-29 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jockopo (Post 1318989)
Just downloaded reason essentials 2 update. its in a zipped folder how to I update my reason essentials?

Oh and I have noob problems with the sound. Only my reddrum works. I cant get any sound out of any of the other devices. Checked the wiring and everything. Windows 7 user here.

Please help!

Sincerely Reason noob.

Hi There, What it is ive installed reason 6.5 to my pc and i want to create my own combinator backdrops but when i go into my propellerheads fold in the c drive i cant see the document template folder anywhere????