Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Perfect way to share projects, 20gb online storage! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=184361)

PsyTale 2013-06-05 07:33

Perfect way to share projects, 20gb online storage!

Hi everyone!

I found out about this site thats the best alternative to dropbox out there its called Copy! You get 20 gb of online storage if you sign up before a certain date, otherwise its a whopping 15 gb ;)

https://copy.com/?r=D2fGyM

If you follow this link all you need to do is enter your chosen name and email and your set up with an account. They have a great app for windows, mac, ios, android etc.

I love this thing, especially when working on colabs this is much better then the 2 gb dropbox offers, basically 2gb is never enough when working with reason projects!!

Greets,
PT

theshade 2013-06-05 11:15

Looks good! I left Dropbox when Microsoft kindly offered me free 25GB storage on Skydrive. And as I had 3 linked Hotmail accounts that equates to whopping 75GB! I now live out of the cloud :)

PsyTale 2013-06-05 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshade (Post 1331275)
Looks good! I left Dropbox when Microsoft kindly offered me free 25GB storage on Skydrive. And as I had 3 linked Hotmail accounts that equates to whopping 75GB! I now live out of the cloud :)

It is very nice and when you share project only half the space the project takes is used, but when its shared with groups for example 4 persons only 1 fourth of the space is taken from your account. Sort of splitting the bill!

EricBom 2013-06-05 16:21

Thanks! Gonna check it out!

I allways loose my project after a couple of years. I wonder why.

But if it lives in the cloud it's a good alternative.

theshade 2013-06-05 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1331352)
It is very nice and when you share project only half the space the project takes is used, but when its shared with groups for example 4 persons only 1 fourth of the space is taken from your account. Sort of splitting the bill!

It is nice indeed.. but I found Dropbox does not split the bill! I think they need to raise their game.

EricBom 2013-06-05 16:26

Quote:

You are responsible for maintaining and protecting your data in Copy and Copy is not responsible for any loss or corruption to your files or information or for backing up such information.
How can they state this? If it was my harddrive it was sitting on. But how can I be responceble for the maintanance of there harddrives?

PsyTale 2013-06-05 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricBom (Post 1331472)
How can they state this? If it was my harddrive it was sitting on. But how can I be responceble for the maintanance of there harddrives?

They just want you to know stuff can go wrong, its the same with a phiisical drive, the manu may give you a new or revised disk within your warranty but never your data! Your always responsible for your own backups, but its not how i look at this, to me its just a great tool to share projects i have backups from anyway, or work on colabs, you know?!

littlejam 2013-06-06 02:18

hello,

can anyone briefly explain the 'software' that is installed on your computer please

i tried gobbler and didn't feel comfortable

thanks in advance, j

yorick 2013-06-06 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1331205)
Hi everyone!

I found out about this site thats the best alternative to dropbox out there its called Copy! You get 20 gb of online storage if you sign up before a certain date, otherwise its a whopping 15 gb ;)

https://copy.com/?r=D2fGyM

If you follow this link all you need to do is enter your chosen name and email and your set up with an account. They have a great app for windows, mac, ios, android etc.

I love this thing, especially when working on colabs this is much better then the 2 gb dropbox offers, basically 2gb is never enough when working with reason projects!!

Greets,
PT

That's incredible! Thanks!

PsyTale 2013-06-06 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlejam (Post 1331833)
hello,

can anyone briefly explain the 'software' that is installed on your computer please

i tried gobbler and didn't feel comfortable

thanks in advance, j

I dont know about the software for pc, because i currently have no internet at home due to me moving to a new appartment. Somehow my ISP has been unable to move my internet in the past 2 months. I gave up on being frustrated about it because it would only drain my much needed energy, anyway at work i cant use copy because of policies, but i do know the ios and android apps are clean well thought out and work very well.

So im guessing the desktop version does this aswel! I will definitely install it as soon as my internet provider found out how they can move my internet. I guess it will take another 3 months before this is done but you know...