Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Game consoles war ! (((X-BOX 1 vs PS4))) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=184739)

charlycharlzz 2013-06-11 22:17

Game consoles war ! (((X-BOX 1 vs PS4)))

I have a lot of love at 34 years old for game consoles and I remember even playin music games on some and I know some users of Reason are music makers and sound designers for Video Games so I find interesting to speak on the future of the two monsters but without going as fare as mac vs pc .

Microsoft is teasing the XBOX-1 and it's cool it got 8core AMD super fast, 8GO RAMS and maybe the same GPU sytem then PS4 !

some kids will have more power in that then there parents have with there PC LOL :D

but there is a dark side of this multimedia-center called the X-box 1 ,

The thing almost got to connect once a day to work , the games liscences are not transferable and you cannot lent your game to a friend for a few days but still it is the mega-center thing but around 500 dollars !

Sony Did there teasing on the PS4 juste after Microsoft and they say that they are 400 dollars and also that it not requiere a internet connection at all time , they also sayed that the games liscence will make possible to give or re-sale your games unlike xbox .

they also gived 8go of RAM and a proscessor amd but not as fast as the xbox one !

they both are amazing in my opinion , they also are more PC's then a normal game console like Wii mini wich is for me the only real game console left when others are multimedia centers with a multiple simulator side :D

anyway it is good to see that gaming will be having some freshness and new paint !

I bet a lot of peoples here a interested on that rather for work (music and developement) or because you still young or sneak on your kids consoles for a session when they in class :)

I would get the Sony if I wa going to by one now but only because I aint playing much so the imersion will be garrentie anyway ! what you guys think ?

you can read some more here by clicking on the console name under the blue title bar http://www.techradar.com/

n0ahg 2013-06-11 22:44

The xbox one only has ddr 3 RAM with 68GB/s of bandwidth but has 32mb SRAM cache with 102GB/s of bandwidth to try to make up the difference vs ps4 which has ddr5 RAM with 176GB/s of bandwidth.

normen 2013-06-11 22:51

They were always "just PCs" but nowadays everybody gets smart about this kind of stuff on the interwebz ;) They are both about the same generation so they will perform comparably. The PS4 GPU is a wee bit beefier and I personally deem the H264 encoder on the output side quite important / cool. MS might pull behind the PS3 in terms of memory just to not limit the developers too much. But I think MS has to convince a lot of hardcore gamers that theirs is still a game console by now, they might be a bit off with the "generic set top box" thing, that never ever worked out though we hear about it since the 80s.

At the moment Sony clearly is ahead of MS, also in pre-sales on Amazon.

QVprod 2013-06-11 22:54

I'm no gamer like I was when I was a little younger, but Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with that online verification and no used games nonsense. Trying to sell the xbox one as a cable remote doesn't change that.

charlycharlzz 2013-06-11 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1335721)
The xbox one only has ddr 3 RAM with 68GB/s of bandwidth but has 32mb SRAM cache with 102GB/s of bandwidth to try to make up the difference vs ps4 which has ddr5 RAM with 176GB/s of bandwidth.

OMG , so playstation 4 is just the way to go in all ways possible !

I think X-box will be more a online gaming thing wich is also a deal breaker for me !

I like X-box more then playstaion since the start because it was always faster to load and play with but with what you just sayed plus the fact that I been always swapping games with friends After I finished then a couple of times make me just whant to start saving up !

I played two years ago at masseffect2 and I cannot wait for a starwars trip or something like kotor I&II
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...CdnGcH7ZtdBLjQ
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x-KOTOR_II.jpg

best games I played so fare with mass effect2 and a few others !
I play on pc now but more CC3 red alert or Civilisation 4 :D I whant a mega space trip and a basketball game since this winter but now I will just wait november and go sony because x-box got bad system for liscence , perf and price !

now unless x-box do something crazy that sony cannot I would go sony unless i get hit by age durring the summer lol :D

normen 2013-06-11 23:06

Note that MS didn't say "no 2nd hand games at all", they just said that there is technology that allows the *game developers* to prohibit 2nd hand versions of their game. They did that before with codes that you needed to unlock online gaming or whatnot, MS just makes it easier for them. I don't think anyone will block 2nd hand given the shitstorm it already caused just announcing this feature -- add that the PS4 doesn't do this.

But I'm just trying to be fair, I'm definitely in the PS4 camp :p

teknotokon 2013-06-11 23:08

charlycharlzz 2013-06-11 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by normen (Post 1335739)

But I'm just trying to be fair, I'm definitely in the PS4 camp :p

Lol , Yhea Sony did not enter so much cash with Vaio and flat screens and music is pretty much stuck to low levels for everybody but Sony in the Game industry is really serious and I guess they really could note screw up with the largest market they got :)

I love X-box but that one (1) start real bad :D

charlycharlzz 2013-06-11 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by QVprod (Post 1335730)
I'm no gamer like I was when I was a little younger, but Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with that online verification and no used games nonsense. Trying to sell the xbox one as a cable remote doesn't change that.

Yep that is what I think 2 but if it can hook with all the windows8 stuff (phones, PC, tablets) some parents may get it as a multimedia center and remote to replace there PC in better and also for there kids .

but yhea I see it like a Foot shot 2 :D

charlycharlzz 2013-06-11 23:41

Any tips on Game prices ?!?