Some R7 questions
I'm starting my second mix entirely done in R7
so far it feels really good and smooth and R7 might easily become my to-go DAW for mixing in the future
I've got a couple of questions:
- can I tell R7 NOT to copy the files once I save the session? apparently it does copy the files for every session you save with the same song.
- what's the easiest way to set a certain point and playback from there all the time? you know..something you do a lot when mixing... keep in mind I'm handling consolidated files that start from 0
- is there a way to zoom out the Sequencer area entirely in 1 click?
thanks for nowow
- Go to file, Song Self Contain Settings. There you can link/un-link your samples and save them somwhere else
- Ctrl click, or Alt click on the time line sets your L & R markers. I normally just set my L marker then hit numeric pad 1
- Not sure... but holding shift+ctrl and scrolling (middle mouse) zooms horizontally. Ctrl and scroll wheel zooms vertically
That would be really handy, one click zoom out...
so this confirms that Reason doesn't have "regular" markers where you can set multiple ones to specific points in the song..
I wonder if I can achieve that with blocks..dividing the song into blocks and reach them in one click...during mixing is very common to jump from section to section or set a single section to loop ...
but I'm not familiar with Blocks yet
while I look into it, any brief idea if this is possible?
dont have to use blocks, enough if u create a fake midi track put same empty midi blocks into it then labeliz e them (http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug1...-tech-0811.htm bottom of the page :) )
To my knowlege that functionality does not exist. In other daws is named Markers, and you can quikly access them with keys 1,2,3,4...
At this moment in Reason you can only have 3 markers and advance to 0.
So, 0, Left Marker (1), right Marker (2) and i don't remember how you go to the end marker.
Other thing that annoys me is the fact that you do not have punch in and punch out for loop markers. As a performer recording alone this is a quite handy functionality.
thank you all fellas :)
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:11.|