Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Embracing grouping / PP (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185007)

jackburton 2013-06-17 14:56

Embracing grouping / PP
 
Hello,
I am excited at the prospect of using R7's grouping options.
PROBLEM
I will probably use multitrack drums as my first experiment into grouping and PP. but am still trying to figure out how to separate Kong drums into solo drum tracks that i can then group / pp
HELP

Glenn

xbitz 2013-06-17 15:34

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...56&postcount=5

TheFatControlleR 2013-06-17 15:35

Use the audio outs on the flip-side of Kong and route them to new/individual Mix Channels, then you can group/bus/PP those strips on the SSL.

Don't forget to set the pad/Drum Output from the Drum Module in Kong. I tend to use adjacent pairs of pads for the same sample and trigger with tweaked FX settings.

jackburton 2013-06-17 17:35

Thankyou.
Its the whole science of production that is both scary and intoxicating.

carlgrace 2013-06-17 19:00

I don't know if you use vocals in your music but grouping is magic for that. When I group all my vocal tracks then put compression and reverb on just the mixer group it glues my vocals together like never before. That alone is worth the price of admission in my opinion.

jackburton 2013-06-17 19:03

Vocals as in, merging the lead and backing vocals into a group then adding the magic ?

carlgrace 2013-06-17 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackburton (Post 1339674)
Vocals as in, merging the lead and backing vocals into a group then adding the magic ?

Yeah, or if you double or triple track vocals. Typically I use a single mixer group for all vocals, but it might make sense in some cases to have two mixer groups, one for lead and one for background.

mrjassonturner 2013-06-17 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlgrace (Post 1339670)
I don't know if you use vocals in your music but grouping is magic for that. When I group all my vocal tracks then put compression and reverb on just the mixer group it glues my vocals together like never before. That alone is worth the price of admission in my opinion.

This should have been a feature in Reason since v6...(I'd even say v 5, but there was no SSL modeled mixer then...so I'm trying to be fair...) But grouping is an old feature...another feature that Props is late to the party on. But ey, better late than never.

Loading SoundCloud…

carlgrace 2013-06-17 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjassonturner (Post 1339774)
This should have been a feature in Reason since v6...(I'd even say v 5, but there was no SSL modeled mixer then...so I'm trying to be fair...) But grouping is an old feature...another feature that Props is late to the party on. But ey, better late than never.

Loading SoundCloud…

I hear you on that. But yeah, better late than never.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:14.