Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Re-Try (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185520)

Tck23 2013-06-26 07:55

Re-Try

Re-Try

Yes.... in my view, it would be cool to have an extra time of two week , in order to try again all rack extensions and this just one time, like an extra ticket, a bonus.

Understand me well, the 30 day trial is an exellent period to test R.E's, but sometime we don't take enought time for testing them, either because we are to busy for testing fully , either we forget, many weeks after the 30 day trial time, how an effect or instrument sounded and we want to remember it one last time before deciding to buy, and so on.

So it would be cool to have, on our account of propellerhead shop, a kind of virtual ticket to use, which will allow us to test just for one last time and for a period of two week each rack extensions in the shop, at anytime we feel. (One ticket by R.E , usable in a year for exemple and just one time)

I thourt maybe of a little logo representing the "ticket" on the side of each rack extensions which will dissapear after the period of ultimate testing. (Two weeks seem correct)

What do you think ?

Tck23 2013-07-02 09:43

lol so, apparently it was not a great idea after all... :(

c4djack 2013-07-02 12:41

You mean something like an e.g. "30 hour" test period, which would allow you to actually use the RE for 30 hours, no matter how many days it takes?

That would in deed be great!

Hotmitts 2013-07-02 13:50

I didn't quite understand at first read, but yes, a trial by actual time used would be great...if possible.
If not, they should definitely reset the trial periods every so often. I wanted to re-try the Synapse reverb 'cos I can't remember from a year ago! I might even buy it!

tiker01 2013-07-02 14:55

Some retesting for comparison with new similar devices would be very useful. For example I tested FET at the beginning but since that time there are a couple more compressors and I would like to compare them side by side.

KarmaShaman 2013-07-02 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotmitts (Post 1349839)
I didn't quite understand at first read, but yes, a trial by actual time used would be great...if possible.
If not, they should definitely reset the trial periods every so often. I wanted to re-try the Synapse reverb 'cos I can't remember from a year ago! I might even buy it!

We should also consider the 'trigger happy' format of the shop. A user only needs to accidentally hitthe 'try' button (easy to do when mucking around on an android/iphone) and even if you don't actually download the RE, your time starts from when it hits your user account.

That happened to me with Etch Red, and while I might have enjoyed it, with a view to buy, I didnt actually wish to use it, and only touched the surface because I was held to an obligation to twiddle, which was only for a few times.

So many things about RE's suck balls.

Emian 2013-07-03 07:41

+1 this topic.

been clicking the try button sometimes too enthusiast to then later find out i didn't "try" much at all.....

but now i've learned to not try too many RE's in the same time :D

colcifer 2013-07-03 09:09

I would love a short additional trial period for REs that have been updated. There's one RE I'm trialling now that I'm not ready to buy but I'd like to keep an eye on.

Tck23 2013-07-04 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotmitts (Post 1349839)
If not, they should definitely reset the trial periods every so often.

This is what i meant by my idea of a "virtual ticket" to use juste once, for a period of two weeks ( I intentionally put , in my suggestion, a self restriction as a adjustment variable if this idea is taken into consideration by prop team and/or Re developpers, because , beyond a simple idea put on a thread, this is a real and official demand to prop team , this is why i need you all to massively validate this idea by your participation on this thread, this is for our good ! :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiker01 (Post 1349885)
Some retesting for comparison with new similar devices would be very useful. For example I tested FET at the beginning but since that time there are a couple more compressors and I would like to compare them side by side.

Exactly , you understood me well , good example !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emian (Post 1350582)
+1 this topic.

been clicking the try button sometimes too enthusiast to then later find out i didn't "try" much at all.....

but now i've learned to not try too many RE's in the same time :D

Exactly , again a good example , thanks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by colcifer (Post 1350613)
I would love a short additional trial period for REs that have been updated. There's one RE I'm trialling now that I'm not ready to buy but I'd like to keep an eye on.

Cool, thank you for your example of the "update case" , this so frustrating : a Re is tested, but an important update brings some interresting stuff to an Re, but hooo , too bad ! your trial time is over since a month or two ! :)

Speaking for myself , i would like to try again Etch Red ,Neutron, Viking, RE-2A and Radical Key....and some old stuff like sugarbyte stuff and two Synapse .

BonezMcCoy 2013-07-04 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiker01 (Post 1349885)

How about taking an audio track and bouncing dry/wet segments using one RE and saving them for comparison with any similar RE released afterwards?