Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Authorizing with Ignition Key is a BIG joke (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185560)

pblais 2013-06-27 04:15

Authorizing with Ignition Key is a BIG joke

I don't know how you people that bought the boxed version of Reason are fairing with Ignition Key authorization. But, for me who downloaded Reason from the Propellerhead site and paid for licenses.... it's a major joke...

I have never seen software that works like this. I plugged the dongle into my computer and Reason would not start. I get this a dialog error box that says "Ignition Key Driver could not be started" and "Could not start Ignition Key driver".

So I pulled out the dongle, and tried to re-start Reason and got the same results. The only way I could get it to start was to start my computer in safe mode and delete the Codemeter folders.

I messed around with authorization stuff again and was able to get Reason to start with the dongle plugged in. I don't know what I did but it worked.

Tonight, I turned on my computer and it wouldn't boot up until I unplugged the dongle. Now Reason won't start.

Removed the Codemeter folder again and now it starts.

This is so frustrating. I thought I got a good deal by buying someone else's license and ignition key... Wow... was I mistaken. Just a big headache.

So I guess I will have to run Reason with internet verification and throw the dongle in the junk drawer.

eric 2013-06-27 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblais (Post 1346714)
it's a major joke...

When you're really lost, contact Propellerhead Customer Support. :)

pblais 2013-06-27 12:13

I have tried... with the 6 hour time difference and their busy schedule, not much gets done

Mate 2013-06-27 12:18

I've placed my Dongle to the old Reason box coz now I use Virtual Dongle which is absolutely awesome, thanks to PH for that, I never liked that dongle being in my PC!

mcatalao 2013-06-27 12:37

Yep, that's a great function. I have the virtual dongle in my studio pc, and the physical dongle, in my laptop. I only use the online authorization if i need to try some re's...

Wyggy 2013-06-27 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1346822)
I've placed my Dongle to the old Reason box coz now I use Virtual Dongle which is absolutely awesome, thanks to PH for that, I never liked that dongle being in my PC!

I used to keep my dongle in my dongle box but only whilst playing cricket. Props support should know all about it. Don't suffer with your hernia use Props Support. :)

pblais 2013-06-27 22:56

I have been working with customer support.. But, because of the time difference and their busy schedule, it's slow getting information from them.
They told me that I could use the dongle on both my laptop and desktop computers.
What is this "virtual dongle" I see you talking about. I thought there were only three modes of operation.
1) Demo
2) Internet Verification
3) Ignition Key authorization

craven 2013-06-27 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblais (Post 1347151)
What is this "virtual dongle" I see you talking about. I thought there were only three modes of operation.
1) Demo
2) Internet Verification
3) Ignition Key authorization

Reason 7 comes with a fourth option: authorization of your PC/Mac
- a virtual dongle is then installed and life could not be better ever after :)

moneykube 2013-06-27 23:16

duzz reason 6.5.3 allow the authorization of computer... or only reason 7?

Mate 2013-06-27 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneykube (Post 1347166)
duzz reason 6.5.3 allow the authorization of computer... or only reason 7?

Only Reazon 7! :)