Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Everyone wants an MS20 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185573)

MAV42 2013-06-27 13:49

Everyone wants an MS20

It's wierd really, back in the day when i was a wee lad (1986) I started using synths and basic sequencing that was available. The ultimate synth of the day was the Ensoniq SQ80 i remember dreaming one day that this beast would be mine. Other of my friends and fellow musicians totally raved about the Roland D110 sound module. You could actually do great things with both of these.

Now to the point, the KORG MS20 at that time was an absolute dinosaur the type of thing you would have beacause it gave you a nice flat top to stand your cup of tea on whilst making serious music with your other synths. A 303 was a handy beer mat or something you used to keep your books straight.

If Retro is back in then may i suggest someone buys an old Ensoniq and produces a hit record with some D110 drum patches. That way everyone can get really excited about the start of didgital tones and the price of these beasts that you can get for peanuts will go through the roof! Everyone now wants the KORG MS20 mini but i'm extremely concerned that my tea cup will not fit on the lid now the've made it mini maybe some retro extension cup holder could be designed.

phasys 2013-06-27 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAV42 (Post 1346859)
It's wierd really, back in the day when i was a wee lad (1986) I started using synths and basic sequencing that was available. The ultimate synth of the day was the Ensoniq SQ80 i remember dreaming one day that this beast would be mine. Other of my friends and fellow musicians totally raved about the Roland D110 sound module. You could actually do great things with both of these.

Now to the point, the KORG MS20 at that time was an absolute dinosaur the type of thing you would have beacause it gave you a nice flat top to stand your cup of tea on whilst making serious music with your other synths. A 303 was a handy beer mat or something you used to keep your books straight.

If Retro is back in then may i suggest someone buys an old Ensoniq and produces a hit record with some D110 drum patches. That way everyone can get really excited about the start of didgital tones and the price of these beasts that you can get for peanuts will go through the roof! Everyone now wants the KORG MS20 mini but i'm extremely concerned that my tea cup will not fit on the lid now the've made it mini maybe some retro extension cup holder could be designed.

If you get 2 MS20's, you have some great book supporters. :D

joseydeclaire 2013-06-28 03:14

YOu gave me another idea:

I wanna Ensoniq SQ 80 and VFX as RE :) That will be a very nice idea.
You´re so right: The SQ 80 was really amazing and VFX later too

Benedict 2013-06-28 10:36

I hated the Ensoniq sound but I had Emu Emax I & II and adored them.

If the MS-20 Mini had a proper MIDI spec and patches I'd have had one. But I have just ordered a Moog Slim Phatty (about a week to wait).

:)

noisif 2013-06-28 13:45

While in RetroMode:

I would like to see a Casio CZ/VZ-series RE!
Those 8-step-envelopes came in quite handy from time to time.
With a graphic interface it wouldn't be a pain in the a.. to program it either... :)

And I DEFINITLY would like the VFX in my rack!

Upright 2013-06-28 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 1347300)

If the MS-20 Mini had a proper MIDI spec and patches I'd have had one. But I have just ordered a Moog Slim Phatty (about a week to wait).

:)

I was excited about the MS-20 mini just because it would have been my first dealings with analog. Since it's announced release I've picked up the Elektron Analog Four and I have a DSI Prophet '08 module that will be here Monday. These 2 synths have satisfied my craving for analog synthesis...and I can honestly say there is nothing quite like the sound of analog oscillators. :D

To the OP....have you thought about using smaller teacups? :D

moneykube 2013-06-28 23:23

Everyone wants an MS20 ????

I don't think I ever will... many more toys to buy first

hedswell 2013-06-28 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisif (Post 1347407)
While in RetroMode:

I would like to see a Casio CZ/VZ-series RE!
Those 8-step-envelopes came in quite handy from time to time.
With a graphic interface it wouldn't be a pain in the a.. to program it either... :)

And I DEFINITLY would like the VFX in my rack!

Yes, I used to have a VZ-8M and I'm really sorry I sold it now that Reason has the output for external MIDI synths.

koma7 2013-06-28 23:35

I was quite excited for mini MS-20, but i've snapped out of that, in fact I used to be quite obsessed over synth's but not anymore, I don't think I can ever justify buying one ever, I think i've become a little more obsessed with just recording obscure sound sources and world instruments, considering I can record a penny hitting the floor and process it to sound like just another synth.

Although I do admit every time I see one of these new or old synths I get butterflies.

charlycharlzz 2013-06-29 01:42

Poor old synth need to die in peace or will finished in pieces lol !

UFO 's make minibrute sounds these days because it sound less random wich is perfect for intergalctical transcomunications !!!!!!!!!!!

dont go bip ' bip , go wup wup :D