Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "Sound Outfit" - Work in Progress - looking for feeedback... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185716)

tincture 2013-06-30 17:01

"Sound Outfit" - Work in Progress - looking for feeedback...
 
Loading SoundCloud…


http://soundcloud.com/tincture-1/sound-outfit-wip

I'd like to get some feedback on a few things if I can? I've parallel channeled the 1st bassline with phaser on and widening, is this working? Does the synth lead line need improving, is the synth sound ok? Could the song stand extending or is it's current length ok?


Any other ideas for improvement welcome.


Thanks in advance :-)

mastertonyd 2013-06-30 17:49

I like it! The length is fine. Comments on SC.

tincture 2013-06-30 22:25

Thanks Tony, good to know.

JamieRobinson 2013-07-01 19:01

personally I would want a bit of rise and fall. What you got is awesome but i would say take the drums away for a bit and let a bit of tension in :)

Maybe the snare could do with turning down a little as well, its nicely mastered but its a bit piercing imo

hamst3rf1sh 2013-07-01 22:42

Really like it man. The only suggestion I'd make (which I accidentally discovered when I opened on sc)is that the track doubles up on itself really nicely. If you were to bounce the master channel of the first 16 or so bars and play it back about 1 beat out of time over a later part in the track you'd have a great breakdown on your hands :)

tincture 2013-07-02 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieRobinson (Post 1349243)
personally I would want a bit of rise and fall. What you got is awesome but i would say take the drums away for a bit and let a bit of tension in :)

Maybe the snare could do with turning down a little as well, its nicely mastered but its a bit piercing imo

Thanks Jamie, I'll try dropping the drums out for a section and see what I think, good suggestion. Can the snare ever be too loud!? ;) Maybe you're right, I'll try turning it down and see what I think, it's certainly the biggest thing triggering the Master Comp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1349410)
Really like it man. The only suggestion I'd make (which I accidentally discovered when I opened on sc)is that the track doubles up on itself really nicely. If you were to bounce the master channel of the first 16 or so bars and play it back about 1 beat out of time over a later part in the track you'd have a great breakdown on your hands :)

Now this is interesting, I love happy accidents so will definitely try and get this working for a section. Thanks :)

scoobyman 2013-07-02 13:15

I just like it. It's got cool soundtrack vibe.

JpPropellaed 2013-07-02 15:34

Tinc Length is ok & a good B_line keeps it quite strong, but see that first Synth riff that comes-in ' its high enough to use a nice 3rd or 5th or 7th harmomy ???? just in small sections of the riff! you could also spilt that Synth-riff into two sections ' First one CALLS & the second part ANSWERS ' but with a slight change in phrazing or One or two different notes , again 3rd 5th & 7th or something ' or maybe a different Synth but with a familiar sound //// That'l be 60 Bucks ' if you please ;) hahaha

tincture 2013-07-02 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyman (Post 1349823)
I just like it. It's got cool soundtrack vibe.

Thanks ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JpPropellaed (Post 1349914)
Tinc Length is ok & a good B_line keeps it quite strong, but see that first Synth riff that comes-in ' its high enough to use a nice 3rd or 5th or 7th harmomy ???? just in small sections of the riff! you could also spilt that Synth-riff into two sections ' First one CALLS & the second part ANSWERS ' but with a slight change in phrazing or One or two different notes , again 3rd 5th & 7th or something ' or maybe a different Synth but with a familiar sound //// That'l be 60 Bucks ' if you please ;) hahaha

Thanks Jamie, glad you like the bassline and it's working ok. Do you accept IOUs?! I will def. try harmonising that synth line, I feel it could be improved, good call (and answer) ;)

Pat303 2013-07-02 23:18

Listed. Liked! Left comments on SoundCloud :)

Nice track, Zac. I think the lead synth does need tweaking a little. It's a little bit 'thin' sounding... I reckon take the plunge and dial a few more mids/lows into it - make it a wee bit warmer.

The current length is great for what you have going on. The only thing I might consider adding is some variation on the drums around the middle of the track (I've left a rough marker of whereabouts on SC). Either that or a bit more 'oomph' behind them during that section. Or a hi-hat line. Whatever!

The bassline sounds cool. And I f-king love it when it ramps up following the drop at the end of the track until the finish.

Good work mate. Had me groovin'!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:52.