Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Before I buy old Reason (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=185998)

tabacproduce 2013-07-05 11:53

Before I buy old Reason

Hello. someone will sell me Reason 2.5
I live in Europe and he lives in the U.S

there is no need to send me the software Cd he will only transfer me the license from his account to mine.

My question is can he remove my license in some future? if he keeps the box and the license card

I will upgrade to Reason 7 but I want to be sure that everything will be ok after I pay him he transfer it to me and after one week I dont want to remove it back or something.

Sorry for my bad English and noob question.
Cheers!

Koshdukai 2013-07-05 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacproduce (Post 1352134)
can he remove my license in some future? if he keeps the box and the license card

It's a possibility, because that would be a strong proof to present to PH Support if he wanted to reclaim that license, saying someone took a look at it and used it to register as their own.

BUT

On the other hand, PH Support staff isn't that stupid (quite the opposite) :D and they'll have his own account history, his request for transfer (that theoretically could be forged if someone got hold of his account, but that's why you should never lend your account to others) and on top of all of this, your own Reason 7 upgrading which would "seal" the deal, I guess.

My guess is that you should ask PH Support directly instead of asking it here, so you get an official word on it.

phasys 2013-07-05 12:39

A license transfer is monitored by Propellerhead so if you have that and you have proof of payment, there's nothing that the other party can do.

nhsh 2013-07-05 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacproduce (Post 1352134)
Hello. someone will sell me Reason 2.5
I live in Europe and he lives in the U.S

there is no need to send me the software Cd he will only transfer me the license from his account to mine.

You must have the software CDs (especially the sound bank CDs) to install Reason 2.5.

phasys 2013-07-05 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhsh (Post 1352166)
You must have the software CDs (especially the sound bank CDs) to install Reason 2.5.

He doesn't need to. He can upgrade to 7 and install that right away.

tabacproduce 2013-07-05 13:04

Yes I don''t plan to use Reason 2.5 I will Upgrade to 7. Tnx for the info guys, Can't wait for the Reason 7..I'm so excited

phasys 2013-07-05 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacproduce (Post 1352170)
Yes I don''t plan to use Reason 2.5 I will Upgrade to 7. Tnx for the info guys, Can't wait for the Reason 7..I'm so excited

I'm sure you'll love it! ;)

devilfish 2013-07-05 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 1352173)
I'm sure you'll love it! ;)

unless he has a large sample database :)

zeebot 2013-07-05 13:40

Start using the Reason 7 demo now so you are somewhat used to it when your license drops.
Pay for R7 upgrade and your demo will become a fully fledged Reason 7

tabacproduce 2013-07-05 14:32

I just buy the Reason 2.5 minutes ago..The seller transferred me the license how long will take until it arrives in my account? someone told me it will take hours but I don't know for sure..