Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A free speed knob for the REDRUM please ! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=186045)

charlycharlzz 2013-07-06 04:02

A free speed knob for the REDRUM please !

!! ((( I finded that the name is pattern synch off ))) !!

I was thinking all night about crazy snare rolls and charley patterns ,

tonight I was almost a sleep and Bang ! revelation :) I need that feature bad :D ;
when I dont whant to use the pattern speed knob I use the pen and draw then out wich is limitless
but I think a same knob as the pattern speed with free speed from 01.00 to 200 or 240 bpm would be the ultimate snare and charley tool to make crazy ones just do the machine gun or ultimate build ups !

what do you guys think ?

phasys 2013-07-06 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlycharlzz (Post 1352757)
I was thinking all night about crazy snare rolls and charley patterns ,

tonight I was almost a sleep and Bang ! revelation :) I need that feature bad :D ;
when I dont whant to use the pattern speed knob I use the pen and draw then out wich is limitless
but I think a same knob as the pattern speed with free speed from 01.00 to 200 or 240 bpm would be the ultimate snare and charley tool to make crazy ones just do the machine gun or ultimate build ups !

what do you guys think ?

So why don't you use the resolution button?

charlycharlzz 2013-07-06 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 1352758)
So why don't you use the resolution button?

I do a lot but it's always set at correct speeds 16,32,64,128 and triolets , I think a free speed knob could be automated and make crazy rolls you know from very slow to a block for exemple for build ups :)

charlycharlzz 2013-07-06 04:16

and also it would make smooth transition from for exemple a resolution of 16 to a 64 speed or whatever .

phasys 2013-07-06 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlycharlzz (Post 1352762)
I do a lot but it's always set at correct speeds 16,32,64,128 and triolets , I think a free speed knob could be automated and make crazy rolls you know from very slow to a block for exemple for build ups :)

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I got my padKontrol for that. :D

djjams 2013-07-06 23:56

I think you could use pulsar to trigger the drum.

MirrorEyes 2013-07-07 02:29

Yup this is something I want/would like to see, another bugbear struck off the list if sorted!! Speaking of sequencers a better Matrix sequencer (has been discussed numerous times) and Thor sequencer "notes to track"

phasys 2013-07-07 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MirrorEyes (Post 1353218)
Yup this is something I want/would like to see, another bugbear struck off the list if sorted!! Speaking of sequencers a better Matrix sequencer (has been discussed numerous times) and Thor sequencer "notes to track"

I have a really simple solution for your Thors note to track issue. Stop using that sequencer, use a Matrix instead.

MirrorEyes 2013-07-07 03:25

Hey Dude/Bro/Fam great tip :) I'd never thought to do that. From here on in I will carry on not using Thor's step sequencer.

charlycharlzz 2013-07-07 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjams (Post 1353172)
I think you could use pulsar to trigger the drum.

how ?????? :)

I remember pulsar got a rate playin time like redrum (8/16/32) and also a free switch to have it playing at a free speed but what to plug and where ??? :D

is there anybody that ever trigger a redrum with pulsar here !!!!!!