Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   VST integration (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=187012)

Septu 2013-07-25 10:09

VST integration

Reason would be beyond perfect if allows external vst plugins to be used

JetLombardi 2013-07-25 10:37

With RE's there is zero chance of this happening.

Rewire to another DAW and use your VST's.

Septu 2013-07-25 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetLombardi (Post 1362389)
With RE's there is zero chance of this happening.

Rewire to another DAW and use your VST's.

Ofcourse i do, and why is it impossible ?

zeebot 2013-07-25 12:13

Do a search for the thousands of threads about VST in reason. It has been a feature request for years and it will never happen.
Reason is a enclosed environment. With the release of R7 and midi out propellerheads have allowed VST use in reason in a roundabout way.

phasys 2013-07-25 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Septu (Post 1362406)
Ofcourse i do, and why is it impossible ?

Nobody is saying it's impossible. Duh. Learn to read.

Septu 2013-07-25 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeebot (Post 1362412)
Do a search for the thousands of threads about VST in reason. It has been a feature request for years and it will never happen.
Reason is a enclosed environment. With the release of R7 and midi out propellerheads have allowed VST use in reason in a roundabout way.

thank zeebot i'm new to reason as whole good looking out

BonezMcCoy 2013-07-25 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Septu (Post 1362469)
thank zeebot i'm new to reason as whole good looking out

The thing is, no matter how good it would be for Reason to support AU or VST, Propellerhead have decided to bet on their own protocol (RE) to bring third-party plugin support to their platform. The format is its infancy but with time, I doubt there will be any fundamental difference as to what can be achieved elsewhere and in Reason. This sort of stance regarding plugins is not new or exclusive to Reason. Logic only supports AU, their own protocol; Cubase only supports VST, their own protocol; ProTools only supports their own protocols. However, it is true most other DAWs support AU and/or VST, even when they have their own proprietary plugin protocol.

abbuda 2013-07-26 19:13

I hope it never happens! I don't like to mess around with all the compatibility problems and all that shit. That's one of the main reasons why I use Propellerhads Reason ... ;o) And I love to use it, and I love the REs! If someone prefers to use VST or crap like that, it's better to choose another DAW...

jmfc

djjams 2013-07-26 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Septu (Post 1362379)
Reason would be beyond perfect if allows external vst plugins to be used

A sandboxed VST integration like in Bitwig could be an option but still VSTs would always be inferior rack citizens compared to real Rack Extensions.

joeyluck 2013-07-26 20:23

No thanks.

I need developers to develop better integrated plugins for Reason—which are REs. Allowing VST support allows developers to dive into the Reason market without committing to the platform. I see no appeal in that.

The RE SDK will improve.