Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I bought Reason Essential do I get ver 2? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=187066)

Anubis 2013-07-26 09:37

I bought Reason Essential do I get ver 2?
 
Like I said, is Reason Essentials 2 a free upgrade? Or am I stuck with version 1?

phasys 2013-07-26 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 1362797)
Like I said, is Reason Essentials 2 a free upgrade? Or am I stuck with version 1?

I think you're too late. There was a grace period for a while:

Purchase Reason Essentials or Balance from an authorized dealer to get a free upgrade to Reason Essentials 2 after release!

But that's over now.

Anubis 2013-07-26 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 1362803)
I think you're too late. There was a grace period for a while:

Purchase Reason Essentials or Balance from an authorized dealer to get a free upgrade to Reason Essentials 2 after release!

But that's over now.

I think you're wrong. From the Reason splash page:
May 17, 2013
Reason 7.0.1 and Reason Essentials 2.0.1 are free updates that fix a few bugs and solves problems related to downloading Rack Extensions that some users have experienced. These new versions replaces versions 7 of Reason and version 2 of Reason Essentials. It is recommended that you update as soon as is convenient.

joeyluck 2013-07-26 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 1363063)
I think you're wrong. From the Reason splash page:
May 17, 2013
Reason 7.0.1 and Reason Essentials 2.0.1 are free updates that fix a few bugs and solves problems related to downloading Rack Extensions that some users have experienced. These new versions replaces versions 7 of Reason and version 2 of Reason Essentials. It is recommended that you update as soon as is convenient.

But that clearly is talking about updates for Reason 7 and Essentials 2 (not Reason 6 and Essentials 1)...

joeyluck 2013-07-26 20:46

This page mentions "on or after March 1st, 2013," but does not make mention of an end date for that grace period...

http://www.propellerheads.se/product.../free-upgrade/

Other folks have mentioned an end to the grace period, so maybe they can point you in that direction.

I would think that as long as you bought it new and have the proper authorization and receipt, there would not be a problem upgrading.

I see from your account here that you have not yet registered it. Do that and see what happens.

kevmove02 2013-07-26 21:32

the language of the offer says on or after March 1st, 2013. If he somehow purchased Essentials 1 or 1.5 after the release of Essentials 2.0, he would be eligible for the free upgrade. Essentials 1 and 1.5 should have been returned to the distributor once 2.0 was released, but that doesn't invalidate the offer. The OP should probably check his license page to see if he already got the free upgrade. Barring that, he should contact Customer Support.

phasys 2013-07-26 23:35

I want to hit my head into a tree. So I can get down to the level of people in this thread.

VillaNDubstep 2013-07-27 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1363070)
if you bought Essentials 1/1.5 before March 2013 you were never entitled to the free upgrade to Essentials 2.

I've had reason essentials since feb/march 2012 and I got the free upgrade.

To the Op, if you do not have version 2 in 'your account' license section then contact support and see what they say because as far as I'm aware yes it was and still is a free upgrade. There isn't too much info on here about essentials and props should probably add info to make things a little more clear because as it stands the OP has had no concrete advice that people can say is fact.

Anyway good luck.

Anubis 2013-07-27 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1363179)
I've had reason essentials since feb/march 2012 and I got the free upgrade.

To the Op, if you do not have version 2 in 'your account' license section then contact support and see what they say because as far as I'm aware yes it was and still is a free upgrade. There isn't too much info on here about essentials and props should probably add info to make things a little more clear because as it stands the OP has had no concrete advice that people can say is fact.

Anyway good luck.

I successfully upgraded to Reason Essential 2.0.1!

SteveDiverse 2013-07-27 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 1363239)
I successfully upgraded to Reason Essential 2.0.1!

Sweet! I'm glad (and sorry) I was wrong :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:24.